Last Updated on
Whether you’re into weightlifting, cycling, bodybuilding or any type of physical activity, you need to have the very best tools on hand to get the most of your workout. This is where workout gloves come into play.
A lot of people find wearing workout gloves kind of odd, but those who wear them understand how useful they are. Not only do they give you a better grip, but they also offer wrist support and allow you a better range of motion.
As important as it is to get workout gloves, picking the right pair can be a challenging task. There are just so many models and makes out there that it can become an overwhelming decision to decide which one is right for you.
We have reviewed some of the most well-renowned workout gloves on the market to bring you a list of of the best ones available. Here is all the information you need to help you decide which workout gloves you should invest in.
- The Best Workout Gloves – Comparison
- 1. Ventilated Weight Lifting Gloves by Fit Active Sports – Best Overall Workout Gloves
- 2. Premium Quality Workout Gloves by RIM Sports – Best Workout Gloves for Women
- 3. Lycra and Microfiber Workout Gloves by SIMARI
- 4. Padded Weight Lifting Gloves for Men and Women by Trideer
- 5. Glofit Freedom Workout Gloves by KANSOON
- What Makes a Good Pair of Workout Gloves?
The Best Workout Gloves – Comparison
1. Ventilated Weight Lifting Gloves by Fit Active Sports – Best Overall Workout GlovesOut of all the workout gloves that we tested, our top pick was the Ventilated Weight Lifting Gloves by Fit Active Sports. Whether you are an experienced athlete (male or female) or a complete newbie to working out, this pair of workout gloves is perfect for you. With these gloves protecting your hands, you can make the best of your workouts from now on and say goodbye to torn hands and calluses. These ventilated weight-lifting gloves by Fit Active Sports are made using silicone-printed neoprene fiber. This makes them resistant to heat, oils, water and even chemicals. You can take assurance in the fact that they will last you a very long time. The pair offers excellent full-palm protection as well as immense wrist support, which is just what you need for extra support during the most intense workouts. The best thing about this pair is that it can work well with a wide range of uses and caters to varying degrees accordingly. You will never feel out of place or uncomfortable wearing these gloves as you exercise. One of the winning qualities of this pair of gloves is its name. Fit Active Sports has placed a special emphasis on the aspect of providing excellent ventilation with this pair of workout gloves. The better the ventilation, the less likely glove odor is going to bother you. This means you can enjoy extended work out sessions without worrying about your gloves (or your hands) getting that post-workout odor. In order to offer better levels of comfort, the gloves have also been designed with Velcro straps for the adjustable wrist wraps. This means you can adjust the tightness of the wrist, based on your comfort level and the intensity of the workout you are going for. You can never go wrong with the Ventilated Weight Lifting Gloves by Fit Active sports if you are looking for minimal sweat and maximum support with comfort while working out.
Minor IssuesSome customers found the glove padding to be a bit too thin in the palm area. The Velcro strap on the wrist wrap is facing down so it can be a little prickly if you strap it on, but you do not align the two sides of the Velcro strap properly.
- Built-in wrist straps for added support and comfort
- Made of durable silicone-printed neoprene for extra strength
- Open hand design with great ventilation
We Don’t Like
- Some users reported that Velcro straps broke too easily
- Misaligned Velcro straps can be uncomfortable
- Some users found the padding on palms to be too thin
2. Premium Quality Workout Gloves by RIM Sports – Best Workout Gloves for WomenWhile they are not marketed as such, the Premium Weight Lifting Gloves by RIM Sports is considered to be the best workout gloves for women. Although men can also use these gloves, they are generally more popular among female users. Their lightweight material is made from leather and spandex combined – a perfect combination for beginners who are not used to wearing something on their hands while exercising. If you think only beginners will like this, think again. The excellent breathability of this pair of workout gloves also makes it an excellent choice for experienced people because it helps keep sweating to a minimum. The wrist padding on this pair of gloves is also at a minimum, which means your wrists will be held firmly in place and have all the support they need for a great workout. You can enjoy a greater range of motion in even the most intense workouts. The exceptional cushioning on the palms allows you to grip with confidence and you will not have to worry about torn hands or calluses after long workout sessions. All of this factors in to provide you with better workout experience. The added comfort will help you get more reps in without tiring out. The glove comes in several color options and sizes to suit all your needs.
Minor IssuesWhile people generally love this pair of workout gloves by RIM Sport, there have been minor issues with the Velcro strap. The inner edge of the support is quite thick for the wrists, but if the two sides are not aligned properly with each other, there is a raised up edge, which can push up against your hands.
- Extra comfortable material
- Excellent wrist support Velcro straps
- Breathable and anti-sweat material
We Don’t Like
- The Velcro strap housing can push into your hands
- Finding the correct size can be difficult
- Some users reported a lack of adequate grip support for intense workouts
3. Lycra and Microfiber Workout Gloves by SIMARIMade from high quality Lycra and Microfiber material, this pair of workout gloves by SIMARI makes its way to our list for several reasons. The gloves are designed to fit both men and women perfectly. They provide enough breathability to your skin and leads to reduced perspiration in your hands while you work out. The full palm coverage provides excellent protection for your palms from calluses and blisters, the biggest issues which make us use workout gloves in the first place. Added to these gloves are built-in wrist support straps that can protect your hands from sprains. The foam padding used in this pair of gloves is resistant to impact, so you can expect this to be a durable product. The back of this pair is made from breathable Lycra, which helps keep your hands comfortable. The finger loops make it very easy to put them on and take them off. The microfiber construction adds an extra bit of durability and stability to these workout gloves.
- Amazing wrist support
- Unisex design suitable for both men and women
- Plenty of sizes available
We Don’t Like
- Sizes can be a little confusing to pick out from
- The tip of the finger loops press on the underside of fingers
- Wrist support can reduce how much you can move your wrists
4. Padded Weight Lifting Gloves for Men and Women by TrideerWhen it comes to producing some of the best equipment for CrossFit training, Trideer has definitely carved out a name for itself. The Padded Weight Lifting Gloves for Men and Women by Trideer are no exception. For all the regular gym goers, CrossFit enthusiasts, weightlifters and everybody who loves working out with a pair of gloves, Trideer gloves are a pretty good choice. They are made with a combination of pressurized fitness gloves and wrist designs. This pair enhances the overall protection for your hands, fingers and palms during any kind of workout activity. The silica gel used in the gloves allows better grip, thereby reducing the chances of injury. The 18-inch integrated dual wrist wraps offer safety and stability for your hands in the toughest of workouts, which other manufacturers have yet to match.
- Silica gel ensures a firm grip for your palms
- Dual straps provide extra wrist support during intense workouts
- Superior grip for the prevention of injury
We Don’t Like
- Size chart is confusing
- Finger holes might seem too loose for some users
5. Glofit Freedom Workout Gloves by KANSOONThe Glofit Freedom by Kansoon effectively fits on to your hands like a second layer of skin more than anything else. Unlike the 100 percent leather options that you get with other workout gloves out there, these offer an extra bit of padding for a more comfortable and secure grip. Designed to fit most hands, these lightweight gloves are very different from the other entries on this list. Made from a breathable mesh-like material, they are good when it comes to reducing perspiration. The palm has a series of silicone stripes to help you gain a better grip on the bar. There is no additional padding or wrist support included with these gloves. A lot of beginners might not like that, but this is a favorite feature among experienced gym goers who like to feel the bar in their hands. If you are looking for nothing more than improving your grip and protecting your hand from calluses, this is the perfect pair to get for yourself.
- Slim fit gloves that wrap around your hands perfectly
- Breathable material for reduced perspiration
- Excellent grip
We Don’t Like
- Provide zero wrist support
- Not the best for heavy weightlifting workouts
- No additional padding