Bowflex make some of the most popular adjustable weight benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Bowflex 3.1 vs 5.1 – which is the best for you?
Bowflex 3.1 vs 5.1 – Specifications
Bowflex 3.1 vs 5.1 – Similarities
Both have the same dimensions
- Both the Bowflex 3.1 and Bowflex 5.1 adjustable weight benches have a length of 56”, a width of 26”, and a height of 20”.
The Bowflex 3.1 and Bowflex 5.1 both have a similar maximum weight capacity
- Both adjustable weight benches have a maximum weight capacity of 480lbs. Both weight capacities include the user’s body weight and weights.
Both the Bowflex 3.1 and Bowflex 5.1 have a similar maximum user height recommendation
- The maximum user height recommendation for both the Bowflex 3.1 and Bowflex 5.1 is up to 6’2”.
Both adjustable weight benches have the same foam pad thickness
- The Bowflex 3.1 and Bowflex 5.1 both use a 2” foam pad.
Neither adjustable weight bench is foldable
- Neither the Bowflex 3.1 nor the Bowflex 5.1 is foldable. However, both have wheels for easy moving and storage.
Both offer similar design and features
- The Bowflex 3.1 and Bowflex 5.1 are both made of heavy-duty quality steel featuring a removable leg hold-down brace. They also both have quality stitched padded upholstery for added comfort.
Bowflex 3.1 vs 5.1 – Differences
Both the Bowflex 3.1 and Bowflex 5.1 have different unit weights
- The Bowflex 3.1 weighs 59lbs, while the Bowflex 5.1 is slightly heavier at 63lbs.
Both adjustable weight benches have different incline/decline positions
- The Bowflex 3.1 has an incline, decline, and flat 90-degree seat adjustment.
- The Bowflex 5.1 has six positions, a 17-degree decline to a 90-degree incline.
Both adjustable weight benches have different warranties
- Bowflex offers a 15-year warranty for the frame and a 1-year warranty for upholstery on the 3.1 bench, while the 5.1 comes with a 30-year warranty for the frame and a 1-year warranty for upholstery.
The Bowflex 3.1 and Bowflex 5.1 are both good quality adjustable weight benches and may seem quite similar. However, it will depend on your preferences when choosing between the two.
Here are some notable differences that might help you in choosing which bench is right for you:
- The Bowflex 5.1 makes different exercises more comfortable, by having more incline/decline adjust positions than the Bowflex 3.1.
- Though the Bowflex 3.1 has a good warranty, the 5.1’s warranty is better.