It’s a common question: Bowflex 3.1 vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench? Which is better? We have an in-depth look at the different features and benefits of these two benches, so that you can choose which one is right for your needs. It all comes down to how much money you want to spend and what type of bench you need!
Bowflex 3.1 vs CAP Barbell – Specifications
Bowflex vs CAP Barbell – Brand Comparison
Bowflex – Who Are They?
- Bowflex manufactures fitness equipment, including treadmills, dumbbells, exercise trackers, and more.
- The company was first founded by an Ethiopian man who arrived in America with $500 in his pocket. He created the Bowflex machine, which has since sold over $3 billion worth of products.
- The company has become one of the largest fitness brands in America. They sell many different kinds of fitness machines, including treadmills, dumbbells, and exercise trackers.
CAP Barbell – Who Are They?
- CAP Barbell, based in Texas, was founded in 1993. The company sells over $30 million worth of exercise equipment every year.
- In the early days, they only sold free weights and weight benches, but they have since expanded into other categories, now selling over 1000 different products, such as weight training equipment, strength equipment, medicine balls, and more.
Bowflex 3.1 vs CAP Barbell – Similarities
The Adjustable Weight Benches are both incapable of being folded
- Both the Bowflex and CAP benches are not foldable.
- Both weight benches have wheels for easy moving and storage.
Bowflex 3.1 vs CAP Barbell – Differences
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different unit weights
- The Bowflex 3.1 weighs 59lbs, while the CAP Barbell weighs 46.3lbs.
Both Weight Benches have slightly different dimensions
- The Bowflex 3.1 Adjustable Weight Bench has a length of 56 inches, a width of 26 inches, and a height of 20 inches.
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench is 55.5 inches long, 27 inches wide, and 47 inches high.
Both Weight Benches have different maximum weight limits
- The CAP Barbell has a maximum weight limit of 500lbs, while the Bowflex 3.1 is limited to a slightly lower 480lbs.
- Both maximum weight recommendations include the user’s body weight and the weights used.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different maximum user heights
- The Bowflex 3.1 Adjustable Weight Bench has a maximum user height of up to 6’2″, while the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench’s limit is lower at up to 6′.
Both Weight Benches have different foam pad thickness
- The CAP Barbell has a thicker foam pad at 2.5″, while the Bowflex 3.1 is 2″ thick.
The Adjustable Weight Benches both have different incline/decline positions
- The Bowflex bench is capable of Incline, Decline, and Flat, and 90-degree seat adjustment.
- The CAP bench has 7 Back Pad Positions & 3 Seat Positions.
The Weight Benches both have different design and features
- The Bowflex 3.1 Adjustable Weight Bench features heavy-duty quality steel, removable leg hold-down brace, and quality stitched padded upholstery.
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench has 2″ x 2″ powder-coated steel tubing, box-stitched seating, transport wheels & handle.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different warranties
- The Bowflex 3.1 is covered by a 15 years frame & 1-year upholstery warranty, while CAP Barbell only offers a 30 days warranty.
The Bowflex 3.1 and CAP bench are very similar in some respects, but also have significant differences. Here are a few points that might help you decide:
- The Bowflex bench is heavier & feels sturdier than the CAP bench.
- Bowflex offers a much more comprehensive warranty than CAP Barbell.
- The CAP bench has thicker foam pads than the Bowflex model.
- Though this might not be a huge concern, the CAP bench has a slightly higher maximum weight capacity.