Bowflex and Fitness Reality make two of the most popular adjustable weight benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Bowflex 3.1 vs Fitness Reality 1000 – which is the best for you?
Bowflex 3.1 vs Fitness Reality 1000 – Specifications
|Bowflex SelectTech 3.1||Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench|
|Dimensions||56" L x 26" W x 20" H||59" L x 23.5" W x 48.5" H|
|Max Weight Capacity||480lbs||800lbs|
|Max User Height||Up to 6'2"||Up to 6'4"|
|Foam Pad Thickness||2"||1.75"|
|Incline/Decline Position||Incline, Decline, and Flat|
90 degree seat adjustment
20 degree decline to 80 degree incline
|Design and Features||Heavy-duty quality steel|
Removable leg hold-down brace
Quality stitched padded upholstery
|Heavy-duty powder coated tubular steel
12" wide backrest
Detachable 3 position adjustable Leg Hold Down
2 position adjustable Front Leg position
Comes with transportation wheels
Has wheels for easy storage
51" L x 23.5" W x 9" H
|Warranty||15 years frame|
Bowflex 3.1 vs Fitness Reality 1000 – Differences
Both adjustable weight benches have different unit weights
- The Bowflex 3.1 is heavier at 59lbs, while the Fitness Reality 1000 weighs 35lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The Bowflex 3.1 adjustable weight bench has a length of 56 inches, a width of 26 inches, and a height of 20 inches.
- The Fitness Reality 1000 adjustable weight bench has a length of 59 inches, a width of 23.5 inches, and a height of 48.5 inches.
Both the Bowflex 3.1 and Fitness Reality 1000 have a different maximum weight capacity for its users.
- The Bowflex 3.1 has a maximum weight capacity of 480lbs, while the Fitness Reality 1000 can handle up to 800lbs. Both weight capacities include the user’s body weight and weights.
Both adjustable weight benches have different maximum user height recommendation
- The Bowflex 3.1 can be used by people with a maximum height of 6’2”, while the Fitness Reality 1000 can accommodate users up to 6’4”.
Both adjustable weight benches have a different foam pad thickness
- The Bowflex 3.1 has a 2-inch foam pad, while the Fitness Reality 1000 has a thinner, 1.75” pad.
The adjustable weight benches both have different incline/decline positions
- The Bowflex 3.1 is capable of incline, decline, and flat 90-degree seat adjustment.
- The Fitness Reality bench has 12 positions with a 20-degree decline and an 80-degree incline.
Only the Fitness Reality 1000 is foldable
- The Bowflex 3.1 is not foldable, while the Fitness Reality 1000 folds with folded dimensions of 51” length, 23.5” width, and 9” height. However, both have transportation wheels for easy storage.
Both offer different design and features
- The Bowflex 3.1 is designed with heavy-duty quality steel, quality stitched padded upholstery, a removable leg hold-down brace, and transportation wheels.
- The Fitness Reality 1000 is built from heavy-duty powder-coated tubular steel. It features a 12” wide backseat, detachable leg hold-down bar, two adjustable front leg positions, and transportation wheels.
Both adjustable weight benches have different warranties
- The Bowflex 3.1 offers a 15-year warranty for the frame and a 1-year warranty for upholstery, while the Fitness Reality 1000 has a 1-year limited warranty.
The Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 and Fitness Reality 1000 are both good quality adjustable weight benches. However, choosing between the two depends on your preferences. Both weight benches are quite different from each other, and the main similarity they have is their recommended use case.
These are the notable differences that you might want to consider:
- The Fitness Reality 1000 does offer a higher maximum weight capacity of 800lbs compared to the 480lbs of the Bowflex 3.1. This makes your workouts more flexible, especially during training with heavier weights.
- The Fitness Reality 1000 has more incline/decline adjust positions. This makes different exercises more comfortable than with the limited incline/decline positions of the Bowflex 3.1.
- The Fitness Reality 1000 is foldable and can save up more space than the Bowflex 3.1. Aside from that, the Fitness Reality 1000 is very lightweight and easy to carry around when needed.
- The Bowflex 3.1 has a better warranty.