Bowflex and Pasyou are two of the best-known makers of adjustable weight benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Bowflex 3.1 vs the Pasyou Adjustable Weight Bench – which is the best for you?
Bowflex 3.1 vs Pasyou – Specifications
Bowflex 3.1 vs Pasyou – Brand Comparison
Bowflex – Who Are They?
Bowflex manufactures fitness equipment, including treadmills, dumbbells, exercise trackers and more. The company was first founded by an Ethiopian man who arrived in America with $500 in his pocket. He created the Bowflex machine which has since sold over $3 billion worth of products. The company has grown into one of the largest fitness brands in America, and continues to sell several fitness machines, from treadmills to dumbbells to exercise trackers.
Pasyou – Who Are They?
Pasyou is one of the smaller brands which have sprung up more recently. Make of this what you will, but if you’re looking for a bench from an established brand, Bowflex has a much longer track record.
Bowflex 3.1 vs Pasyou – Differences
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different unit weights
- The Bowflex 3.1 weighs 59lbs, while the Pasyou weighs 23lbs.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different dimensions
- The Bowflex 3.1 is 56 inches long, 26 inches wide, and 20 inches high.
- The Pasyou has a length of 55 inches, a width of 15.75 inches, and a height of 20 inches.
Both Weight Benches have different maximum weight limits
- The Pasyou Adjustable Weight Bench has a higher maximum weight limit of 500lbs, while the Bowflex 3.1 Adjustable Weight Bench is at 480lbs.
- Both maximum weight recommendations include the user’s body weight and the weights used to exercise.
Both Weight Benches have different maximum user heights
- The Bowflex 3.1 has a larger maximum user height of up to 6’2″, while the Pasyou is only suitable for users up to 6′.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different foam pad thickness
- The Pasyou has a thicker foam pad at 2.35″, while the Bowflex 3.1 is 2″ thick.
Both have different incline/decline positions
- The Bowflex 3.1 has Incline, Decline, and Flat positions, with a 90-degree seat adjustment.
- The Pasyou has 7 workout positions.
The Weight Benches both have different design and features
- The Pasyou Adjustable Weight Bench features heavy-duty steel construction, high-density foam padding, and anti-slip ankle rollers.
- The Bowflex 3.1 Adjustable Weight Bench has heavy-duty quality steel, removable leg hold-down brace, and quality stitched padded upholstery.
Only the Pasyou Adjustable Weight Bench is foldable for easy storage
- The Pasyou bench is not foldable.
- The Bowflex bench is, with a folded size of 34.5″ L x 15.75″ W x 10″ H, but both benches have wheels for easy moving and storage.
The Bowflex 3.1 and Pasyou bench have a fair share of similarities and differences. It might be challenging to choose between the two, so here are some notable facts that might help:
- The Bowflex 3.1 is significantly heaver than the Bowflex bench. The extra weight helps the Bowflex bench feel sturdier.
- Of the two, only the Pasyou bench is foldable.
- The Bowflex bench has a significantly better warranty than the Pasyou.
- Though this might not be a huge concern, Bowflex is a much more established brand than Pasyou.