Bowflex and Fitness Reality make two of the most popular adjustable weight benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Bowflex 5.1 vs Fitness Reality X-Class – which is the best for you?
Bowflex 5.1 vs Fitness Reality X-Class – Specifications
Bowflex 5.1 vs Fitness Reality X-Class – Similarities
Neither adjustable weight bench is foldable
- Neither the Bowflex 5.1 nor the Fitness Reality X-Class adjustable weight bench are foldable – both are as-is after assembly, but both have transportation wheels for easy storage.
Bowflex 5.1 vs Fitness Reality X-Class – Differences
Both adjustable weight benches have different unit weights
- The Bowflex 5.1 weighs 59lbs, while the Fitness Reality X-Class weighs 55.6lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The Bowflex 5.1 adjustable weight bench has a length of 56”, a width of 26”, and a height of 20”.
- The Fitness Reality X-Class adjustable weight bench has a length of 64”, a width of 28.8”, and a height of 35”.
Both the Bowflex 5.1 and Fitness Reality X-Class have a different maximum weight capacity for its users
- The maximum weight capacity for the Bowflex 5.1 is 480lbs, while the Fitness Reality X-Class is 650lbs. Both weight capacities include the user’s body weight and weights.
Both adjustable weight benches have different maximum user height recommendation
- The Bowflex 5.1 can be used by people with a maximum height of 6’2”, while the Fitness Reality X-Class users can be up to 6’4”.
Both adjustable weight benches have a different foam pad thickness
- The Bowflex 5.1 has a 2” foam pad, while the Fitness Reality X-Class has a slightly thicker 2.5” foam pad.
The adjustable weight benches both have different incline/decline positions
- The Bowflex 5.1 is capable of six positions, 17-degree decline to a 90-degree incline.
- The Fitness Reality X-Class has one flat, three decline adjustments, and 14 thigh support cushion height adjustments.
Both offer different design and features
- The Bowflex 5.1 is designed with heavy-duty quality steel, quality stitched padded upholstery, a removable leg hold-down brace, and transportation wheels.
- The Fitness Reality X-Class has a heavy-duty 2×2 steel frame construction. It features a 45-degree hyper back extension, 36” length by 8” to 12” tapered bench, thick density foam with double stitched vinyl bench covering. Aside from that, it has 4” thick roller pads with two adjustment levels, and transportation wheels for easy storage.
Both adjustable weight benches have different warranties
- The Bowflex 5.1 offers a 30-year warranty for the frame and a 1-year warranty for upholstery. The Fitness Reality X-Class has a 10-year warranty for the frame, three years for parts, and two years for wearable parts.
The Bowflex SelectTech 5.1 and Fitness Reality X-Class are both good quality adjustable weight benches. However, choosing between the two depends on your preferences. Both weight benches are quite different from each other, and the main similarity is their recommended use case.
These are the notable differences that you might want to consider:
- The Fitness Reality X-Class does offer a higher maximum weight capacity of 650lbs compared to the 480lbs of the Bowflex 5.1. This makes your workouts more flexible, especially during training with heavier weights.
- The Fitness Reality X-Class has more incline/decline adjust positions. This makes different exercises more comfortable than with the limited incline/decline positions of the Bowflex 5.1.
- Though the Fitness Reality X-Class has a decent warranty, the Bowflex 5.1 offers a better warranty.