Bowflex and Finer Form are two of the best-known makers of Adjustable Weight Benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Bowflex 5.1s vs the Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench – which is the best for you?
Bowflex 5.1s vs Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench – Specifications
Bowflex vs Finer Form – Brand Comparison
Bowflex – Who Are They?
Bowflex manufactures fitness equipment, including treadmills, dumbbells, exercise trackers and more. The company was first founded by an Ethiopian man who arrived in America with $500 in his pocket. He created the Bowflex machine which has since sold over $3 billion worth of products. The company has grown into one of the largest fitness brands in America, and continues to sell several fitness machines, from treadmills to dumbbells to exercise trackers.
Finer Form – Who Are They?
Finer Form is based in Nantick, Massachusetts. They produce a wide range of exercise equipment, including Adjustable & Flat Weight Benches, Exercise Balls, Exercise Bikes, and Abdominal Trainers. Their marketing claim is to provide affordable home gym equipment that also fits your needs.
Bowflex 5.1s vs Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench – Differences
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different unit weights
- The Bowflex is heavier, weighing 70lbs, while the Finer Form bench weighs 17.6lbs.
Both Weight Benches have different dimensions
- The Bowflex is 61 inches long, 28 inches wide, and 49 inches high.
- The Finer Form Bench is 42.5 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 7.8-11.8 inches high.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different maximum weight capacities
- The Bowflex has a maximum weight limit of 600lbs, while the Finer Form Bench is limited to a lower 400lbs (static) & 660lbs (dynamic).
- Both maximum weight recommendations include the user’s body weight and the weights used.
Both Weight Benches have different maximum user heights
- The Bowflex has a maximum user height of up to 6’2″, while the Finer Form Bench is limited to a lower up to 6′.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different foam pad thickness
- The Bowflex has a thicker foam pad at 2″, while the Finer Form Bench is 1.8″ thick.
Both have different incline/decline positions
- The Bowflex SelectTech 5.1s is capable of 6 positions: 20-degree decline to 90-degree incline.
- The Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench has 1 flat & 2 decline bench settings, 4 foot adjustments & 8 thigh support cushions.
Both have different design and features
- The Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench features high-grade steel triangle frame & scratch-resistant powder-coated finish.
- The Bowflex SelectTech 5.1s has heavy-duty quality steel, removable leg hold-down brace, and quality stitched padded upholstery.
Only the Bowflex bench is foldable for easy storage
- The Bowflex 5.1s is foldable, with folded dimensions of 52″ L x 28″ W x 23″ H.
- The Finer Form Bench is not foldable.
- Both benches have wheels for easy moving and storage.
The Bowflex 5.1s and Finer Form have a fair share of similarities and differences. It might be challenging to choose between the two, so here are some notable facts that might help:
- The Finer Form is significantly lighter than the Bowflex.
- The Bowflex 5.1s offers more adjustable positions than the Finer Form bench.
- The Bowflex bench has a much higher effective weight limit than the Finer Form.
- Though the Finer Form has a decent warranty, Bowflex’s warranty is significantly better – this alone may justify the extra expense.