CAP Barbell and Adidas make two of the most popular flat weight benches. We have an in-depth look at their most popular models – which is the best for you?
CAP Barbell vs Adidas Flat Weight Bench – Specifications
CAP Barbell vs Adidas Flat Weight Bench – Similarities
Both flat weight benches are recommended for the same use
- Both the CAP Barbell and Adidas flat weight benches can be used for different fitness workouts such as strength training, free weights, abs workout, full-body workout, dumbbell presses, chest presses, and squat rack or weights.
Neither flat weight bench is foldable
- Neither the CAP Barbell nor the Adidas flat weight bench has a foldable option – both are as-is after assembly.
CAP Barbell vs Adidas Flat Weight Bench – Differences
Both flat weight benches have different unit weights
- The CAP Barbell weighs lighter at 18lbs, while the Adidas is at 28lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The CAP Barbell flat weight bench has a length of 46.5 inches, a width of 18 inches, and a height of 19 inches.
- The Adidas flat weight bench has a length of 43 inches, a width of 19 inches, and a height of 16.5 inches.
Both the CAP Barbell and Adidas have a different maximum weight recommendation
- The CAP Barbell has a maximum weight of 500lbs, while the Adidas is at 600lbs. Both maximum weight recommendation includes the user’s body weight and weights.
Both flat weight benches have a slightly different foam pad thickness
- The CAP Barbell has a 2-inch foam pad thickness, while the Adidas is at 2.5 inches.
Both offer different design and features
- The CAP Barbell features a thick foam with boxed upholstered construction. It also has steel tubing with a powder-coated finish. This flat weight bench is compact and easy to assemble.
- The Adidas features a high-density foam padding with boxed upholstered construction. It is also designed with a large diameter steel tubing, powder-coated finish, and compact & easy to assemble.
Both flat weight benches have a different warranty
- The CAP Barbell bench is covered by a 1-year warranty, while Adidas offers a 2-year warranty.
Both the CAP Barbell and Adidas flat weight benches help with the different types of an individual’s chosen workout. However, choosing between the two depends on your preference.
There are only slight differences between both flat weight benches, and here are some that you might want to consider:
- Though the difference may seem little, the Adidas flat weight bench occupies a smaller space with 43″L x 19″W x 16.5″H dimension compared to the CAP Barbell’s 46.5″L x 18″W x 19″H.
- The Adidas flat weight bench has 100lbs higher maximum weight capacity at 600lbs. Take note that the 600lbs include bodyweight and weights to be used while on the bench.
- Adidas uses a thicker foam pad by a half-inch.