CAP Barbell and BangTong make two of the most popular flat weight benches. We have an in-depth look at their most popular models – which is the best for you?
CAP Barbell vs BangTong Flat Weight Bench – Specifications
CAP Barbell vs BangTong Flat Weight Bench – Similarities
Both flat weight benches are recommended for the same use
- Both the CAP Barbell and BangTong flat weight benches can be used for different fitness workouts such as strength training, free weights, abs workout, full-body workout, dumbbell presses, chest presses, and squat rack or weights.
CAP Barbell vs BangTong Flat Weight Bench – Differences
Both flat weight benches have different unit weights
- The CAP Barbell weighs 18lbs, while the BangTong is heavier at 23.7lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The CAP Barbell flat weight bench has a length of 46.5 inches, a width of 18 inches, and a height of 19 inches.
- The BangTong flat weight bench has a length of 45 inches, a width of 16.5 inches, and a height of 18 inches.
Both the CAP Barbell and BangTong have a different maximum weight recommendation
- The CAP Barbell has a maximum weight of 500lbs, while the BangTong is rated to 660lbs. Both maximum weight recommendations include the user’s body weight and weights.
Both flat weight benches have a slightly different foam pad thickness
- The CAP Barbell has a 2-inch foam pad thickness, while the BangTong has a 2.7 inch pad.
Only the BangTong is foldable for easy storage
- The BangTong flat weight bench can easily be folded for storage, while the CAP Barbell is not foldable.
Both offer different design and features
- The CAP Barbell features a thick foam with boxed upholstered construction. It also has steel tubing with a powder-coated finish. This flat weight bench is compact and easy to assemble.
- The BangTong features a high-density foam padding with boxed upholstered construction. It is also designed with a large diameter steel tubing, powder-coated finish, rubberized feet, and has folding stool legs.
Both flat weight benches have a different warranty
- The CAP Barbell offers a 1-year warranty, while BangTong provides a lifetime warranty for the frame and 2-year warranty for the pad.
Both the CAP Barbell and BangTong flat weight benches help with the different types of an individual’s chosen workout. However, choosing between the two depends on your preference.
There are only slight differences both flat weight benches have and here are some that you might want to consider:
- The CAP Barbell bench has a lighter unit weight at 18lbs, making it easier to move around when needed.
- The BangTong bench has a higher maximum weight capacity of 660lbs compared to the 500lbs of the CAP Barbell product. It is important to note that bodyweight and weights to be used while on the bench is included in the maximum weight capacity recommendation.
- The BangTong flat bench uses a thicker foam pad, and can be folded for easy storage.