CAP Barbell and RUNmax make two of the most popular weight vests. We have an in-depth look at 2 of their most popular models, the CAP vs RUNmax Pro Weighted Vest – which is the best for you?
CAP vs RUNmax Pro – Specifications
CAP vs RUNmax Pro – Similarities
Both the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest and RUNmax Pro Weighted Vest use the same weight material
- Both vests use iron as weight material.
Both weighted vests are the same color
- Both vests are black.
The two vests have removable weights option
- Both the CAP Barbell and RUNmax Pro weighted vests have the option to remove and add weights.
Both vests have the same weight increments
- Both the CAP Barbell and the RUNmax Pro has approximately 2.5lbs removable weights.
Both weighted vests are the same size
- Both the CAP Barbell and RUNmax Pro weighted vests are ‘one size fits most’ and can be adjusted.
Both vests have weights included
- The CAP Barbell & RUNmax Pro vests both include weights. The weights included depends on the option chosen at the time of purchase.
Both vests have padded shoulders
- Both have padded shoulders for ease and comfort during use.
The CAP Barbell and RUNmax Pro weighted vests offer the same warranty.
- Both vests offer a lifetime warranty.
CAP vs RUNmax Pro – Differences
Both vests have different weight ranges
- The CAP Barbell has a weight range of 20lbs to 150lbs, while the RUNmax Pro vest is adjustable from 12lbs to 60lbs.
The vests are made of different materials
- The CAP Barbell is made of Nylon and Polyester, while the RUNmax Pro vest is made of Neoprene.
The maximum weight for both vests differs
- The CAP Barbell weighted vest has a maximum weight of 150lbs, while the RUNmax Pro Vest is only up to 60lbs maximum.
Both vests have different features
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable weighted vest has a Neoprene padding with breathable mesh design. It also has adjustable clips and a cellphone pocket.
- The RUNmax Pro weighted vest has a phone pocket, a water bottle holder suitable for 16oz bottles or smaller, and additional shoulder pads option.
Both the CAP Barbell and RUNmax Pro weighted vests offer adjustable weight, added resistance during training, durability, and comfort. However, it will depend mostly on the workout chosen of an individual and how heavy a weighted vest is wanted.
One big difference for some may be the following:
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable weighted vest has a higher maximum weight of 150lbs than the RUNmax Pro weighted vest, with only 60lbs maximum weight.