Concept2 and NordicTrack make some of the most popular high-end air rowing machines. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Concept2 Model D vs NordicTrack RW 900 Rower – which is the best for you?
Concept2 Model D vs NordicTrack RW 900 Rower – Specifications
Concept2 Model D vs NordicTrack RW 900 Rower – Similarities
The Concept2 Model D and NordicTrack RW 900 are both Bluetooth compatible
- Both air rowers have Bluetooth connectivity.
Both the Concept2 Model D and NordicTrack RW 900 have transport wheels
- Both air rowers have transport wheels for easy moving and storage.
The Concept2 and NordicTrack both have heart rate monitors
- The Concept2 and NordicTrack air rowers can monitor the heart rate with compatible chest straps.
Concept2 Model D vs NordicTrack RW 900 Rower – Differences
The Concept2 and NordicTrack both have different unit weights
- The Concept2 weighs 57lbs, while the NordicTrack is significantly heavier at 108lbs.
Both air rowers are different when it comes to dimensions
- The Concept2 is 96” long, 24” wide, and 33” tall, while the NordicTrack has a length of 87”, a width of 22”, and a height of 50”.
Both air rowing machines have different folded dimensions
- The Concept2 is 25” long, 33” wide, and 54” tall when folded, while the NordicTrack is approximately is 50” long, 22” wide, and 50” tall.
Both the Concept2 and NordicTrack use a different drive type
- The Concept2 is chain driven, while the NordicTrack is belt driven.
Both Concept2 and NordicTrack have different maximum weight capacities
- The Concept2 can cater to users up to 500lbs, while the NordicTrack has a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs.
The two air rowers have different resistance levels
- The Concept2 has ten resistance levels, while the NordicTrack has 26.
The Concept2 and NordicTrack feature different display types
- The Concept2 uses a backlit LCD screen, while the NordicTrack has a 22” HD touchscreen monitor.
Only the Concept2 has a tablet holder
- The Concept2 has an optional tablet holder, while the NordicTrack has none.
Both air rowers have different built-in workout programs
- The Concept2 has five standard workouts, five custom workouts, and three games as built-in programs, while the NordicTrack features fifty integrated programs and multiple other workouts via iFit.
Both air rowers offer different warranties
- The Concept2 has a five-year warranty for the frame and two years for parts, while the NordicTrack offers fifteen years for the frame, five years for parts, and two years for labor.
The Concept2 Model D and NordicTrack RW 900 are both reliable high-end indoor rowing machines from trusted brands. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable differences you might want to consider:
- The Concept2 offers a higher maximum weight capacity than the NordicTrack.
- The NordicTrack has more resistance levels and workout programs compared to the Concept2.
- The NordicTrack has a bigger and more advanced screen than the Concept2.
- Though both have good warranties, the NordicTrack has a better warranty than the Concept2.