Fitness Reality and Schwinn make some of the most popular magnetic rowing machines. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Fitness Reality 1000 Plus vs Schwinn Crewmaster Rowing Machine – which is the best for you?
Fitness Reality 1000 Plus vs Schwinn Crewmaster – Specifications
Fitness Reality 1000 Plus vs Schwinn Crewmaster – Similarities
The Fitness Reality 1000 Plus and Schwinn Crewmaster both have a similar drive type
- Both magnetic rowing machines are belt driven.
Both the Fitness Reality 1000 Plus and Schwinn Crewmaster feature a similar display type
- The Fitness Reality has a 3.5” non-backlit LCD screen, while the Schwinn uses a non-backlit LCD screen.
Neither the Fitness Reality 1000 Plus nor the Schwinn Crewmaster has a bottle holder
- Neither of the two features a bottle holder.
Both magnetic rowers have transport wheels
- Both the Fitness Reality 1000 Plus and Schwinn Crewmaster feature transport wheels for easy moving and storage.
Fitness Reality 1000 Plus vs Schwinn Crewmaster – Differences
Both the Fitness Reality and Schwinn differ when it comes to their unit weights
- The Fitness Reality weighs 63.6lbs, while the Schwinn is heavier at 90lbs.
Both magnetic rowers have different dimensions
- The Fitness Reality is 88.5” long, 21.5” wide, and 21.5” tall, while the Schwinn has a length of 89.1”, a width of 21.1”, and a height of 31.7”.
The two magnetic rowers have different dimensions when folded
- The Fitness Reality has a length of 39.5”, a width of 21.5”, and a height of 53.5”, while the Schwinn is 51” long, 21.1” wide, and 57” tall.
Both the Fitness Reality and Schwinn have different weight capacities
- The Fitness Reality has a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs, while the Schwinn can carry users of up to 300lbs.
The Fitness Reality and Schwinn both have different resistance levels
- The Fitness Reality offers fourteen resistance levels, while the Schwinn has ten.
Only the Fitness Reality has a built-in tablet holder
- The Fitness Reality has a built-in tablet holder, while the Schwinn doesn’t.
Of the two magnetic rowers, only the Fitness Reality is Bluetooth compatible
- The Fitness Reality has Bluetooth connectivity, while the Schwinn does not offer this feature.
Only the Fitness Reality has built-in workout programs
- The Fitness Reality has built-in workout programs via the app, while the Schwinn has none.
Of the two, only the Schwinn features a heart rate monitor
- The Fitness Reality does not have a heart rate monitor, while the Schwinn can monitor the heart rate with compatible chest straps.
Both magnetic rowers offer different warranties
- The Fitness Reality has a one-year warranty for the frame and 90 days for the parts, while the Schwinn offers a ten-year warranty for the frame, three years for parts, and a year for labor.
Both machines have positive and negative points. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable differences you might want to consider:
- The Schwinn offers a higher maximum weight than the Fitness Reality.
- The Fitness Reality has features that are not available with the Schwinn, such as a tablet holder, Bluetooth connectivity, and built-in workout programs.
- The Schwinn has a better warranty than the Fitness Reality.