Fitness Reality and CAP Barbell are two of the best-known makers of Adjustable Weight Benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Fitness Reality 1000 vs the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – which is the best for you?
Fitness Reality 1000 vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – Specifications
Fitness Reality vs CAP Barbell – Brand Comparison
Fitness Reality – Who Are They?
Fitness Reality and Fitness Reality X-Class products are a division of Paradigm Health & Wellness Inc (PHW) located in Southern California. Founded in 2007, PHW has resisted the outsourcing trend, with 100% US based customer service. They have sold over a million pieces of exercise equipment, including commercial grade weight machines for gyms and athletic facilities as well as cardio machines designed for your home gym.
CAP Barbell – Who Are They?
CAP Barbell, based in Texas, was founded in 1993. The company sells over $30 million worth of exercise equipment every year. In the beginning, CAP only sold free weights and weight benches, but they have expanded into other categories, now selling over 1000 different products, such as weight training equipment, strength equipment, medicine balls, and more.
Fitness Reality 1000 vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – Differences
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different unit weights
- The Fitness Reality weighs 35lbs, while the CAP Barbell weighs 46.3lbs.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different dimensions
- The Fitness Reality is 59 inches long, 23.5 inches wide, and 48.5 inches high.
- The CAP Barbell has a length of 55.5 inches, a width of 27 inches, and a height of 47 inches.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different maximum weight capacities
- Despite weighing less, the Fitness Reality has a maximum weight limit of 800lbs, while the CAP Barbell is limited to a lower 500lbs.
- Both maximum weight recommendations include the user’s body weight and the weights used.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different maximum user heights
- The Fitness Reality has a maximum user height of up to 6’4″, while the CAP Barbell is limited to a lower height of up to 6′.
Both Weight Benches have different foam pad thickness
- The CAP Barbell has a thicker foam pad at 2.5″, while the Fitness Reality is 1.75″ thick.
The Adjustable Weight Benches both have different incline/decline positions
- The Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench has 12 Positions: 20 degree decline to 80 degree incline.
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench has 7 Back Pad Positions & 3 Seat Positions.
The Weight Benches both have different design and features
- The Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench features heavy-duty powder coated tubular steel, 12″ wide backrest, detachable 3 position adjustable leg hold down, 2 position adjustable front leg position, transportation wheels.
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench has 2″ x 2″ steel tubing, powder-coated frame, box-stitched seating, and transport wheels & handle.
Only the CAP bench is foldable for easy storage
- The Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench is not foldable.
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench is foldable, with folded dimensions of 51″ L x 23.5″ W x 9″ H.
Both benches have different warranties
- The Fitness Reality 1000 has a 1 year warranty, while the CAP bench is only covered for 30 days.
The Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench and CAP Barbell have many differences. A few notable differences are
- Only the CAP bench is foldable.
- The Fitness Reality bench has a much better warranty than the CAP.
- The Fitness Reality Bench has a much higher weight capacity than the CAP product.
- The Fitness Reality 1000 has more position adjustments than its rival.