Fitness Reality and Finer Form are two of the best-known makers of Adjustable Weight Benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench vs the Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench – which is the best for you?
Fitness Reality 1000 vs Finer Form – Specifications
Fitness Reality 1000 vs Finer Form – Similarities
The Fitness Reality has 1.75” thick foam pads, theoretically slightly thinner than the Finer Form’s 1.8” thick foam pads
- In reality, you’re unlikely to notice any difference between the two, in terms of pad thickness.
Both adjustable weight benches have similar warranties
- In both cases, you’re covered against defects & failures for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Fitness Reality 1000 vs Finer Form – Differences
The Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench weighs 35lbs, compared to the Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench at 17.6lbs
- The Fitness Reality bench is much heavier than the lightweight Finer Form model.
The Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench Adjustable Weight Bench has dimensions of 59″ long x 23.5″ wide x 48.5″ high, while the Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench is 42.5″ long, 14″ wide and 7.8-11.8″ high
- The Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench is much smaller than the Fitness Reality. If you have limited space this may be an advantage, however a larger bench may be sturdier than a smaller model.
Both adjustable weight benches have different maximum user weight recommendations
- The Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench Adjustable Weight Bench offers 800lbs maximum user weight capacity, while the Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench allows up to 660lbs static, or 400lbs dynamic weight. Both weight capacities include the user’s body weight and weights.
Both adjustable weight benches have different maximum user height recommendations
- The Fitness Reality 1000 can be used by people with a maximum height of 6’4″, while the Finer Form model can only accommodate users up to 6′.
The adjustable weight benches both have different incline/decline positions
- The Fitness Reality 1000 offers 12 positions from a 20-degree decline to an 80-degree incline. The Finer Form compensates for its fewer fixed positions by offering 4 foot adjustments and 8 thigh support adjustments.
Both offer different design and features
- The Fitness Reality 1000 is built from heavy-duty powder-coated tubular steel. It features a 12″ wide backseat, detachable leg hold-down bar, two adjustable front leg positions, and transportation wheels.
- The Finer Form is designed with high-grade steel, a scratch-resistant powder-coated finish, a triangle frame structure for stability and transport wheels.
Only the Fitness Reality 1000 Weight Bench is foldable
- The Finer Form bench is not foldable, while the Fitness Reality 1000 folds with folded dimensions of 51″ length, 23.5″ width, and 9″ height. However, both have transportation wheels for easy storage. Bear in mind the folded dimensions of the Fitness Reality bench are still larger than the Finer Form competitor.
The Fitness Reality and Finer Form are quite different benches. Here are some notable facts that might help you choose:
- The Finer Form is much smaller than the Fitness Reality Bench, though the Fitness Reality model is foldable for easy storage
- The Fitness Reality bench offers many more incline & decline positions than the Finer Form rival
- The Fitness Reality has a higher weight capacity and maximum user height than the Finer Form bench
- If you’re looking for a lightweight bench, the Finer Form weighs around half of the Fitness Reality’s 35lbs