Fitness Reality and CAP Barbell are two of the best-known makers of Adjustable Weight Benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Fitness Reality X-Class vs the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – which is the best for you?
Fitness Reality X-Class vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – Specifications
Fitness Reality vs CAP Barbell – Brand Comparison
Fitness Reality – Who Are They?
Fitness Reality and Fitness Reality X-Class products are a division of Paradigm Health & Wellness Inc (PHW) located in Southern California. Founded in 2007, PHW has resisted the outsourcing trend, with 100% US based customer service. They have sold over a million pieces of exercise equipment, including commercial grade weight machines for gyms and athletic facilities as well as cardio machines designed for your home gym.
CAP Barbell – Who Are They?
CAP Barbell, based in Texas, was founded in 1993. The company sells over $30 million worth of exercise equipment every year. In the beginning, CAP only sold free weights and weight benches, but they have expanded into other categories, now selling over 1000 different products, such as weight training equipment, strength equipment, medicine balls, and more.
Fitness Reality X-Class vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – Similarities
Both Weight Benches are non-foldable
- Neither bench is foldable, though both have transport wheels.
Fitness Reality X-Class vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – Differences
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different unit weights
- The Fitness Reality Bench is heavier, weighing 55.6lbs, while the CAP bench weighs 46.3lbs.
Both Weight Benches have different dimensions
- The Fitness Reality X-Class has a length of 64 inches, a width of 28.8 inches, and a height of 35 inches.
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench is 55.5 inches long, 27 inches wide, and 47 inches high.
Both Weight Benches have different maximum weight limits
- The Fitness Reality X-Class has a higher maximum weight limit of 650lbs, while the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench is at 500lbs.
- Both maximum weight recommendations include the user’s body weight and the weights used to exercise.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different maximum user heights
- The Fitness Reality X-Class can be used by people with a maximum height of up to 6’4″, while the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench’s users can only be up to up to 6′.
The Adjustable Weight Benches both have different design and features
- The Fitness Reality X-Class features heavy-duty 2″ x 2″ steel frame construction, thick high-density foam, double-stitched vinyl bench covering, push up & dip handle bars, and 4″ thick roller pads.
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench has 2″ x 2″ steel tubing, powder-coated frame, box-stitched seating, and transport wheels & handle.
The Fitness Reality X-Class Weight Bench and CAP Barbell have quite a few differences, as well as some similarities. A few notable differences are:
- The Fitness Reality X-Class is heavier & feels sturdier than the CAP bench.
- The Fitness Reality bench has a much better warranty than the CAP.
- The Fitness Reality Bench has a higher weight capacity than the CAP product.
- Though the Fitness Reality X-Class theoretically has more adjustments than its rival, the CAP bench has a bigger variety of back pad and seat positions, which make the CAP bench more versatile.