Flybird make two of the most popular adjustable weight benches. We have an in-depth look at their original model vs the 2021 version – which is the best for you?
Flybird Original vs 2021 – Specifications
Flybird Original vs 2021 – Similarities
Both the FLYBIRD Original and 2021 model are foldable
- The FLYBIRD Original folds, with folded dimensions of 31.5” length, 12.6” width, and 11.8” height.
- The 2021 model folds, with folded dimensions of 30” length, 16” width, and 9” height.
Both adjustable weight benches have the same warranty
- Both the FLYBIRD Original and 2021 model offer a 1-year warranty for the frame and 30 days for the foam.
Flybird Original vs 2021 – Differences
Both adjustable weight benches have a slightly different unit weight
- The FLYBIRD Original weighs 32lbs, while the new 2021 model weighs 31.8lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The FLYBIRD Original adjustable weight bench has a length of 47”, a width of 16”, and a height of 47.5”.
- The FLYBIRD 2021 adjustable weight bench has a length of 49.2”, a width of 15.7”, and a height of 44.5”.
Both the FLYBIRD Original and 2021 model have a different maximum weight capacity
- The FLYBIRD Original can only accommodate a maximum weight of 500lbs, while the 2021 model can cater to up to 620lbs. Both weight capacities include the user’s body weight and weights.
Both adjustable weight benches have a different maximum user height recommendation
- The FLYBIRD Original can be used by people with a maximum height of 5’9”, while the 2021 model’s users can be up to 6’2”.
Both adjustable weight benches have a different foam pad thickness
- The FLYBIRD Original has a slightly thinner 1.8” foam pad than the newer model’s 2” foam pad.
The adjustable weight benches both have different incline/decline positions
- The FLYBIRD Original has six back pad positions and four seat positions.
- The 2021 model has seven back pad positions and three seat positions.
Both offer different design and features
- The FLYBIRD Original is made of heavy-duty quality steel, with an easy pull support bar. It has 9.7” backrest with high-density foam padding and a high-quality breathable odorless leather. Aside from that, there’s an anti-slip foam foot support and a non-slip foot cover for added safety and stability.
- The newer model is built with heavy-duty quality steel featuring a safety fast bolt for adjusting positions. It has a 10.6” backrest with soft foam padding and a high-quality breathable odorless leather. It’s also designed with anti-slip foam support and non-slip foot cover for added safety.
The FLYBIRD Original and 2021 model are both reliable adjustable weight benches. The difference is quite marginal, and choosing between the two would be a little challenging, so here are some notable differences that might help you decide:
- If you are focused on toning your muscles and would do simple workouts, any of the two will be fine. However, if you change your workout routines ever so often and are particular with lifting heavy weights, the FLYBIRD 2021 may be a better choice as it can cater to up to a maximum of 620lbs.
- For those who are taller than 5’9”, the FLYBIRD 2021 may be a better choice since it can accommodate those with a height of up to 6’2”.