Flybird and Bowflex make two of the most popular adjustable weight benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Flybird vs Bowflex 5.1s – which is the best for you?
Flybird vs Bowflex 5.1s Adjustable Weight Bench – Specifications
Flybird vs Bowflex 5.1s Adjustable Weight Bench – Similarities
Both FLYBIRD and Bowflex recommend the same maximum user height
- Both the FLYBIRD and Bowflex 5.1s can accommodate users with a height of up to 6’2”.
Both adjustable weight benches have the same foam pad thickness
- The FLYBIRD and the Bowflex 5.1s both have a 2” foam pad.
Both the FLYBIRD and Bowflex 5.1s are foldable
- The FYLBIRD 2020 folds, with folded dimensions of 30” length, 16” width, and 9” height.
- The Bowflex 5.1s can be folded, with dimensions of 52” length, 28” width, and 23” height.
Flybird vs Bowflex 5.1s Adjustable Weight Bench – Differences
Both adjustable weight benches have different unit weights
- The FLYBIRD weighs 31.8lbs, while the Bowflex 5.1s is 70lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The FLYBIRD adjustable weight bench has a length of 49.2”, a width of 15.7”, and a height of 44.5”.
- The Bowflex 5.1s adjustable weight bench has a length of 61”, a width of 28”, and a height of 49”.
Both weight benches have a different maximum weight capacity for users
- The Bowflex 5.1s can only accommodate a maximum weight of 600lbs, while the FLYBIRD can cater to up to 620lbs. Both weight capacities include the user’s body weight and weights.
The adjustable weight benches both have different incline/decline positions
- The FLYBIRD has seven back pad positions and three seat positions.
- The Bowflex 5.1s has six positions, a 20-degree decline to a 90-degree incline.
Both offer different design and features
- The FLYBIRD is built with heavy-duty quality steel featuring a safety fast bolt for adjusting positions. It has a 10.6” backrest with soft foam padding and a high-quality breathable odorless leather. It’s also designed with anti-slip foam support and non-slip foot cover for added safety.
- The Bowflex 5.1s is made of heavy-duty quality steel featuring a removable leg hold-down brace. It also has quality stitched padded upholstery for added comfort.
Both adjustable weight benches have different warranties
- The FLYBIRD offers a 1-year warranty for the frame and 30 days for the foam, while the Bowflex 5.1s provides a 15-year warranty for the frame and a 1-year warranty for upholstery.
The FLYBIRD and the Bowflex 5.1s are both good quality adjustable weight benches. However, it will depend on your preferences when choosing between the two.
Here are some notable differences that might help you in choosing which bench is right for you:
- The FLYBIRD offers a higher maximum weight capacity of 620lbs than the 600lbs of the Bowflex 5.1s. This makes your workouts more flexible, especially during training with heavier weights.
- Both adjustable weight benches can be folded, but the FLYBIRD saves up more space with its folded dimension of 30” in length, 16” in width, and 9” in height compared to the 52” length, 28” width, and 23” height of the Bowflex 5.1s
- Compared to the 70lbs weight of the Bowflex 5.1s, the FLYBIRD is lighter and easy to move around, with a weight of 31.8lbs.
- The Bowflex 5.1s offers a better warranty than the FLYBIRD.