Flybird and CAP Barbell are two of the best-known makers of Adjustable Weight Benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Flybird vs the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – which is the best for you?
Flybird vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – Specifications
Flybird vs CAP Barbell – Brand Comparison
Flybird – Who Are They?
Flybird is one of the smaller brands which have sprung up more recently. Make of this what you will, but if you’re looking for a bench from an established brand, CAP Barbell has a much longer track record.
CAP Barbell – Who Are They?
CAP Barbell, based in Texas, was founded in 1993. The company sells over $30 million worth of exercise equipment every year. In the beginning, CAP only sold free weights and weight benches, but they have expanded into other categories, now selling over 1000 different products, such as weight training equipment, strength equipment, medicine balls, and more.
Flybird vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – Similarities
Both have similar incline/decline positions
- Both the CAP Barbell and Flybird benches have 7 Back Pad Positions & 3 Seat Positions.
Flybird vs CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench – Differences
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different unit weights
- The CAP Barbell is heavier, weighing 46.3lbs, while the Flybird Adjustable Bench weighs 31.8lbs.
Both Weight Benches have different dimensions
- The Flybird Bench has a length of 49.2 inches, a width of 15.7 inches, and a height of 44.5 inches.
- The CAP bench is 55.5 inches long, 27 inches wide, and 47 inches high.
Both Weight Benches have different maximum weight capacities
- The Flybird Bench has a maximum weight limit of 620lbs, while the CAP bench’s limit is lower at 500lbs.
- Both maximum weight recommendations include the user’s body weight and the weights used.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different maximum user heights
- The Flybird Adjustable Weight Bench can be used by people with a maximum height of up to 6’2″, while the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench’s users can only be up to Up to 6′.
Both Weight Benches have different foam pad thickness
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench has a thicker foam pad at 2.5″, while the Flybird Adjustable Weight Bench’s foam pad is thinner at 2″.
Both have different design and features
- The Flybird Adjustable Weight Bench has heavy-duty quality steel, safety fast bolt system, soft foam padding, breathable and odorless leather.
- The CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench has 2″ x 2″ powder-coated steel tubing, box-stitched seating, transport wheels & handle.
Only the CAP Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench is foldable for easy storage
- The CAP Barbell is foldable, with folded dimensions of 30″ L x 16″ W x 9″ H.
- The Flybird Adjustable Bench is not foldable, but both Weight Benches have wheels for easy moving and storage.
The benches both have different warranties
- The Flybird is covered by a 1-year frame & 30 days foam warranty, while the CAP only has a 30 days warranty.
The Flybird Adjustable Bench and CAP bench have a fair share of similarities and differences. It might be challenging to choose between the two, so here are some notable facts that might help:
- The Flybird bench has a much better warranty than the CAP.
- The Flybird bench has a higher maximum weight limit than its rival.
- The CAP bench is heavier & feels sturdier than the Flybird Bench.
- Though this might not be a huge concern, the Flybird bench is rated for taller users (6’2” vs 6’)