Marcy make some of the most popular exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Marcy NS-1000 vs AIR-1 – which is the best for you?
Marcy NS-1000 vs AIR-1 – Specifications
Marcy NS-1000 vs AIR-1 – Similarities
The air bikes have a similar drive type
- Both the Marcy NS-1000 and AIR-1 are belt-driven.
Seats for both air bikes have the same adjustment options
- Seats for the Marcy NS-1000 and AIR-1 are two-way adjustable — up and down.
Neither of the two has adjustable handlebars
- Neither the NS-1000 nor the AIR-1 has adjustable handlebars.
Both the NS-1000 and AIR-1 have the same resistance levels
- Both air bikes have infinite levels of resistance.
Both offer similar display monitors
- The NS-1000 and AIR-1 both feature a non-backlit LCD screen.
Neither bike has a water bottle holder
- Neither the NS-1000 nor the AIR-1 has a water bottle holder.
Neither of the two has a built-in tablet holder
- The NS-1000 and AIR-1 do not have a built-in tablet holder. However, you can buy a third-party model separately if you need one.
Neither bike is Bluetooth compatible
- Neither the NS-1000 nor AIR-1 have Bluetooth connectivity.
Neither of the two offer built-in speakers
- Neither the NS-1000 nor the AIR-1 offers a built-in speaker.
Both air bikes have transport wheels
- Both the NS-1000 and AIR-1 feature transport wheels for easy storage and moving when needed.
Neither of the two has built-in workout programs
- The NS-1000 and AIR-1 both do not have any type of built-in workout programs.
Neither exercise bike has a heart rate monitor
- The NS-1000 and AIR-1 both are not capable of monitoring your heart rate.
Both air bikes have a similar warranty
- The NS-1000 and AIR-1 both have a two-year warranty.
Marcy NS-1000 vs AIR-1 – Differences
The NS-1000 has a different unit weight compared to the AIR-1
- The NS-1000 is lighter at 58lbs, while the AIR-1 weighs 79lbs.
Both air bikes have slightly different dimensions
- The NS-1000 has a length of 45”, a width of 26.75”, and a height of 48.75”, while the AIR-1 is 45” long, 25” wide, and 47.5” tall.
The NS-1000 and AIR-1 offer different maximum weight capacities
- The NS-1000 has a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs, while the AIR-1’s maximum weight capacity is up to 300lbs.
Both the NS-1000 and AIR-1 have different display readouts
- The NS-1000 displays time, speed, distance, calories, odometer, and scan all.
- The AIR-1 displays time, speed, RPM, distance, calories, and scan all.
The NS-1000 and AIR-1 are both good air bikes. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable things you might want to consider:
- Though the AIR-1 is heavier, it takes slightly less space than the NS-1000.
- The AIR-1 has a higher maximum weight capacity.