Marcy and BalanceFrom make two of the most popular flat weight benches. We have an in-depth look at their most popular models – which is the best for you?
Marcy vs BalanceFrom Flat Weight Bench – Specifications
Marcy vs BalanceFrom Flat Weight Bench – Similarities
Both the Marcy and BalanceFrom have the same maximum weight recommendation
- Marcy and BalanceFrom both have a maximum weight recommendation of 600lbs. This includes the user’s body weight and weights.
Both flat weight benches are recommended for the same use
- Both Marcy and BalanceFrom flat weight benches can be used for different fitness workouts such as strength training, free weights, abs workout, full-body workout, dumbbell presses, chest presses, and squat rack or weights.
Neither flat weight bench is foldable
- Neither the Marcy nor the BalanceFrom flat weight bench has a foldable option – both are as-is after assembly.
Both flat weight benches have the same warranty
- Both Marcy and BalanceFrom offer a 2-year warranty.
Marcy vs BalanceFrom Flat Weight Bench – Differences
Both flat weight benches have different unit weights
- The Marcy weighs lighter at 20lbs, while the BalanceFrom weighs slightly more at 21.8lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The Marcy flat utility weight bench has a length of 43 inches, a width of 14 inches, and a height of 17 inches.
- The BalanceFrom flat weight bench has a length of 40 inches, a width of 15.5 inches, and a height of 19 inches.
Both flat weight benches have a slightly different foam pad thickness
- The Marcy flat utility weight bench has a 2.5-inch foam pad thickness, while the BalanceFrom is at 2 inches.
Both offer slightly different design and features
- The Marcy features a high-density foam padding with a double-stitched vinyl cover. It also has a large diameter steel tubing frame with a powder-coated finish. This flat weight bench is compact & easy to assemble.
- The BalanceFrom features high-density foam padding with boxed upholstered construction. The design utilizes large-diameter steel tubing and a powder-coated finish. Extra crossbars are placed underneath for added sturdiness and rubberized feet for more stability. Aside from that, this flat weight bench is compact & easy to assemble.
Both the Marcy and BalanceFrom flat weight benches help with the different types of an individual’s chosen workout. However, choosing between the two depends on your preference.
There are only slight differences between both flat weight benches, and here are some that you might want to consider:
- Marcy uses a thicker foam pad by half an inch.
- Marcy’s flat utility weight bench is slightly lighter at 20lbs, which may be helpful when moving it around.