Marcy and BangTong&Li make two of the most popular flat weight benches. We have an in-depth look at their most popular models – which is the best for you?
Marcy vs BangTong Flat Weight Bench – Specifications
Marcy vs BangTong Flat Weight Bench – Similarities
Both flat weight benches are recommended for the same use
- Both Marcy and BangTong flat weight benches can be used for different fitness workouts such as strength training, free weights, abs workout, full-body workout, dumbbell presses, chest presses, and squat rack or weights.
Marcy vs BangTong Flat Weight Bench – Differences
Both flat weight benches have different unit weights
- The Marcy weighs lighter at 20lbs, while the BangTong is heavier at 23.7lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The Marcy flat utility weight bench has a length of 43 inches, a width of 14 inches, and a height of 17 inches.
- The BangTong flat weight bench has a length of 45 inches, a width of 16.5 inches, and a height of 18 inches.
Both the Marcy and BangTong have a different maximum weight recommendation
- Marcy has a maximum weight recommendation of 600lbs, while the BangTong is at 660lbs. Both maximum weight recommendation includes the user’s body weight and weights.
Both flat weight benches have a slightly different foam pad thickness
- The Marcy flat utility weight bench has a 2.5-inch foam pad thickness, while the BangTong is at 2.7 inches.
Both offer slightly different design and features
- The Marcy features a high-density foam padding with a double-stitched vinyl cover. It also has a large diameter steel tubing frame with a powder-coated finish. This flat weight bench is compact & easy to assemble.
- The BangTong features a high-density foam padding with boxed upholstered construction. It is also designed with a large diameter steel tubing a powder-coated finish, rubberized feet, and folding stool legs.
Only the BangTong is foldable.
- The BangTong has folding legs for easy storage, while the Marcy flat utility weight bench is not foldable.
Both flat weight benches have a different warranty
- Marcy offers a 2-year warranty, while the BangTong bench has a lifetime warranty for the frame and a 2-year warranty for the pad.
Both the Marcy and BangTong flat weight benches help with the different types of an individual’s chosen workout. However, choosing between the two depends on your preference.
Here are some of the differences between both flat weight benches that you might want to consider:
- The BangTong has a higher maximum weight capacity of 660lbs.
- Though both foam pads are thick, the Bangtong is even thicker at 2.7 inches.
- The BangTong is designed with folding legs and can be easily put away when needed.