MaxKare and XTERRA make some of the most popular folding exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the MaxKare vs XTERRA Folding Exercise Bike – which is the best for you?
MaxKare vs XTERRA Folding Exercise Bike – Specifications
MaxKare vs XTERRA Folding Exercise Bike – Similarities
Both the MaxKare and XTERRA have the same drive type
- Both folding exercise bikes are belt driven.
Both the bikes have the same resistance type
- Both the MaxKare and XTERRA use magnetic resistance.
Both the MaxKare and XTERRA have a similar number of resistance levels
- Both bikes have eight resistance levels.
Neither of the two has built-in workout programs
- Both the MaxKare and XTERRA lack built-in workout programs.
The seats for both folding exercise bikes have a similar adjustment range
- The seats for the MaxKare and XTERRA can be adjusted in two ways—up and down.
Neither the MaxKare nor the XTERRA has adjustable handlebars
- The handlebars for both bikes lack an adjustment option.
Both bikes feature similar display types
- The MaxKare and XTERRA bikes both have single LCD screens.
Both bikes do not have water bottle holders
- Neither the MaxKare nor the XTERRA has a water bottle holder.
Neither of the two is Bluetooth compatible
- Both the MaxKare and XTERRA do not have Bluetooth connectivity.
Neither of the two has a built-in speaker
- Neither the MaxKare nor the XTERRA features a built-in speaker.
Both bikes have transport wheels
- The MaxKare and XTERRA both have transport wheels for easy moving and storage.
Both bikes have a heart rate monitor
- The MaxKare and XTERRA both have heart rate contacts placed on their hand grips.
Neither of the two has a built-in cooling fan
- Neither the MaxKare nor the XTERRA has a built-in cooling fan for ventilation during workouts.
MaxKare vs XTERRA Folding Exercise Bike – Differences
Both bikes have different unit weights
- The MaxKare weighs 40lbs, while the XTERRA weighs lighter at 32lbs.
Only the MaxKare offers a recumbent option
- Both machines can be used in the upright position, but only the MaxKare can also serve as a recumbent exercise bike.
The MaxKare and XTERRA have different dimensions in an upright position
- The MaxKare has a length of 24”, a width of 18.5”, and a height of 46”, while the XTERRA is 31.89” long, 18.1” wide, and 43.3” tall.
Both bikes have different folded dimensions
- The MaxKare has a length of 9.8”, a width of 18.5”, and a height of 52.7”, while the XTERRA is 18.1” long, 18.1” wide, and 50.79” tall.
Both bikes have different maximum weight capacities
- The MaxKare has a maximum weight capacity of 265lbs, while the XTERRA can cater to users up to 225lbs.
Only the MaxKare has a tablet holder
- Only the MaxKare features a built-in tablet holder, while the XTERRA lacks this feature.
The MaxKare has more additional features compared to the XTERRA
- The MaxKare features arm tension ropes for upper-body exercise; this is not available for the XTERRA.
Both bikes offer different warranties.
- The MaxKare has a 2-year warranty and a full refund for the first thirty days, while the XTERRA has a one-year warranty for the frame, and 90 days for the parts.
The MaxKare and XTERRA are both easy to use folding exercise bikes that both serve their purpose. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable differences you might want to consider:
- The MaxKare has a higher maximum weight capacity than the XTERRA.
- The XTERRA is a dedicated upright bike, while the MaxKare also offers a recumbent option.
- The MaxKare has more features such as a tablet holder, transport wheels, and tension ropes, which are not available for the XTERRA.
- The MaxKare has a better warranty.