Schwinn make some of the most popular exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Schwinn 130 vs 170 – which is the best for you?
Schwinn 130 vs 170 – Specifications
Schwinn 130 vs 170 – Similarities
Both exercise bikes have a similar unit weight
- Both the Schwinn 130 and Schwinn 170 weigh 58.4lbs.
The Schwinn 130 and 170 have the same dimensions
- Both exercise bikes are 41.3” long, 21.4” wide, and 55.6” tall.
The flywheel for both exercise bikes weighs the same
- Both exercise bikes have a flywheel that weighs 10lbs.
Neither exercise bikes’ handlebars have adjustment options
- Both the Schwinn 130 and Schwinn 170 handlebars only have angular adjustment options and cannot be adjusted vertically or horizontally.
Both exercise bikes have the same maximum weight capacity
- Both the Schwinn 130 and Schwinn 170 can cater to users up to 300lbs.
Both have similar features
- Both the Schwinn 130 and 170 are designed with ergonomic handles and heart rate grip sensors. They both feature MP3 input, oversized water bottle holders, built-in 3-speed fan, and transport wheels for easy moving and storage.
Both the Schwinn 130 and Schwinn 170 offer the same warranty
- Both exercise bikes offer a warranty of 10 years for the frame, two years for mechanical parts, one year for electronics, and 90 days for labor.
Schwinn 130 vs 170 – Differences
Both Schwinn exercise bikes have different seat adjustment options
- The Schwinn 130 can be adjusted in two ways only—up and down, while the Schwinn 170 can be adjusted in four ways—up, down, front, and back.
Both have different resistance levels
- The Schwinn 130 has 20 resistance levels available, while the Schwinn 170 has a total of 25.
Each exercise bike has a different display
- The Schwinn 130 has two DualTrack LCDs, while the Schwinn 170 has two blue backlit LCD monitors.
The Schwinn 130 and Schwinn 170 are both reliable and easy to use exercise bikes. Choosing between which is the right bike for you depends on your preferences.
Here are a few notable things you might want to consider:
- The Schwinn 170 may be more comfortable to use since its seat is adjustable horizontally and vertically, making it more flexible.
- The Schwinn 170 offers more built-in programs with a total of 29 than the 22 you get with the Schwinn 130.