Schwinn make some of the most popular recumbent exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Schwinn Schwinn 270 vs A20 Recumbent Exercise Bike – which is the best for you?
Schwinn 270 vs A20 Recumbent Exercise Bike – Specifications
Schwinn 270 vs A20 Recumbent Exercise Bike – Similarities
The Schwinn 270 and A20 both have a similar drive type
- Both bikes are belt driven.
Both bikes have the same resistance type
- Both the Schwinn 270 and A20 use magnetic resistance.
The seats for both bikes have a similar adjustment range
- The seats for both the 270 and A20 can be adjusted in two ways—front and back.
Neither the 270 nor the A20 has adjustable handlebars
- Both bikes have fixed handlebars.
Both the 270 and A20 feature a water bottle holder
- Both recumbent bikes have water bottle holders.
Both the 270 and A20 have tablet holders
- For convenience, both the 270 and A20 have a built-in tablet holder.
There is a built-in speaker for both the 270 and A20
- Both bikes feature a built-in speaker.
Both the 270 and A20 have transport wheels
- Both bikes have transport wheels for easy moving and storage.
Both the 270 and A20 features a heart rate monitor
- Both bikes have heart rate contacts placed on their hand grips.
Both bikes have similar additional features
- The 270 and A20 both feature an MP3 input and a USB port for charging your device.
Schwinn 270 vs A20 Recumbent Exercise Bike – Differences
The 270 and A20 both have different unit weights
- The 270 weighs 86.6lbs, while the A20 is lighter at 76lbs.
Both bikes have different dimensions
- The 270 has a length of 64”, a width of 27.7”, and a height of 49.9”, while the A20 is 61” long, 19” wide, and 40.5” tall.
Both bikes have a different number of resistance levels
- The 270 has 25 resistance levels, while the A20 offers 8.
Both offer a different amount of built-in workout programs
- The 270 has 29 built-in workout programs you can choose from, while the A20 has a total of 7.
Both bikes differ when it comes to their maximum weight capacity
- The 270 can cater to users up to 300lbs, while the A20 has a maximum weight capacity of 275lbs.
Only the 270 is Bluetooth compatible
- The 270 has Bluetooth connectivity, while the A20 lacks this feature.
Both bikes feature different display types
- The 270 features 2 DualTrack LCD screens, while the A20 has a single LCD screen.
Only the 270 has a built-in cooling fan
- The 270 has a 3-speed cooling fan for ventilation during workouts.
Both bikes offer different warranties
- The 270 has a 10-year warranty for the frame, two years for mechanical parts, a year for electronics, and 90 days for labor, while the A20 has a 3-year warranty for the frame, a year for mechanical and electronic parts, and 60 days for labor.
The 270 and A20 are both decent recumbent bikes from a well-known brand, with good reputation for exercise bikes. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable differences you might want to consider:
- The A20 is lighter and takes up less space than the 270.
- The 270 has a higher maximum weight capacity.
- The 270 offers more resistance levels, workout programs, and other features such as Bluetooth connectivity and a 3-speed cooling fan that the A20 doesn’t have.
- The 270 has a better warranty than the A20.