Schwinn and MaxKare make some of the most popular recumbent exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Schwinn A20 vs MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike – which is the best for you?
Schwinn A20 vs MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike – Specifications
Schwinn A20 vs MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike – Similarities
Both bikes have a similar drive type
- Both the Schwinn A20 and MaxKare are belt driven.
Both the Schwinn A20 and MaxKare bikes have the same resistance type
- Both bikes use magnetic resistance.
Both bikes have the same number of resistance levels
- The Schwinn A20 and MaxKare both have eight resistance levels.
The seats for both the Schwinn and MaxKare have a similar adjustment range
- The seats for both recumbent bikes can be adjusted in two ways—front and back.
Neither the Schwinn nor the MaxKare has adjustable handlebars
- The handlebars are fixed on both the Schwinn and MaxKare.
Both bikes feature similar display types
- The Schwinn and MaxKare both have single LCD screens.
Both the Schwinn and MaxKare feature a tablet holder
- For convenience, both the Schwinn and MaxKare have a built-in tablet holder.
Neither of the two is Bluetooth compatible
- Both the Schwinn and MaxKare lack Bluetooth connectivity.
Both the Schwinn and MaxKare feature transport wheels
- Both bikes have transport wheels for easy moving and storage.
Both bikes feature a heart rate monitor
- The Schwinn and MaxKare have heart rate contacts placed on their hand grips.
Neither of the two has a built-in cooling fan
- Both the Schwinn and MaxKare make do without a built-in cooling fan.
Schwinn A20 vs MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike – Differences
The Schwinn and MaxKare have different unit weights
- The Schwinn weighs 76lbs, while the MaxKare is lighter at 65lbs.
Both bikes have different dimensions
- The Schwinn has a length of 61”, a width of 19”, and a height of 40.5”, while the MaxKare is 45.7” long, 18.9” wide, and 41.7” tall.
Only the Schwinn has built-in workout programs
- The Schwinn has seven built-in workout programs you can choose from, while the MaxKare does not have this feature.
Both bikes have different maximum weight capacities
- The Schwinn has a maximum weight capacity of 275lbs, while the MaxKare can cater to users up to 300lbs.
There is no water bottle holder included with the MaxKare
- Only the Schwinn has a water bottle holder – if you want one for the MaxKare, you’ll need to buy a third-party holder separately.
Only the Schwinn has a built-in speaker
- The Schwinn offers a built-in speaker, while the MaxKare doesn’t have this feature.
The Schwinn has more additional features compared to the MaxKare
- The Schwinn features an MP3 input and a USB port for charging your device, neither of which are available for the MaxKare.
Both bikes offer different warranties
- The Schwinn has a 3-year warranty for the frame, a year for mechanical and electronic parts, and 60 days for labor, while the MaxKare has a 2-year warranty and a full refund for the first 30 days.
The Schwinn and MaxKare are both decent quality recumbent exercise bikes. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable differences you might want to consider:
- The MaxKare is lighter and occupies less space than the Schwinn A20.
- The Schwinn A20 offers different features such as a water bottle holder, and a built-in speaker that the MaxKare doesn’t have.
- The Schwinn A20 has more to offer and has a better warranty compared to the MaxKare.