Schwinn make some of the most popular exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Schwinn AD2 vs AD7 – which is the best for you?
Schwinn AD2 vs AD7 – Specifications
Schwinn AD2 vs AD7 – Similarities
The air bikes have a similar drive type
- Both the Schwinn AD2 and AD7 use a single-stage belt.
Neither of the two bikes has adjustable handlebars
- Neither the AD2 nor the AD7 has adjustable handlebars.
Both machines have the same number of resistance levels
- Both the AD2 and AD7 have infinite levels of resistance.
Neither of the two has a built-in tablet holder
- Both the AD2 and AD7 do not have a tablet holder.
Both air bikes are not Bluetooth compatible
- Both the AD2 and AD7 do not have Bluetooth connectivity.
Neither of the two has a built-in speaker
- Neither the AD2 nor the AD7 offers a built-in speaker.
The AD2 and AD7 both feature transport wheels
- Both air bikes have transport wheels for easy storage and moving when needed.
Schwinn AD2 vs AD7 – Differences
Both the AD2 and AD7 air bikes have different unit weights
- The AD2 is lighter with a weight of 96lbs, while the AD7 weighs 113lbs.
The AD2 and AD7 differ in their dimensions
- The AD2 is 46” long, 25” wide, and 50” tall, while the AD7 has a length of 53”, a width of 26.5”, and a height of 53”.
Seats for both the AD2 and AD7 have different adjustment options
- The AD2’s seat can be adjusted in two ways—up and down, while the AD7 has a four-way adjustable seat—up, down, front, and back.
Both air bikes have different maximum weight capacities
- The AD2 has a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs, while the AD7 can be used by people weighing up to 350lbs.
The display monitors for both air bikes are different
- The AD2 has a non-backlit LCD screen, while the AD7 has a high-definition LCD screen.
Both air bikes have different display readouts
- The AD2 displays time, calories, distance, speed, and RPM.
- The AD7 displays time, distance, calories per minute, RPM, watts, heart rate, and scan all.
Only the AD7 has a water bottle holder
- The AD7 has a built-in water bottle holder, while the AD2 has none.
Only the AD7 has built-in workout programs
- The AD2 does not have any type of built-in workout program, while the AD7 features a manual workout program, 20/10 interval, 30/90 interval, custom interval option, time target, calorie target, kJ target, kilometers target, and heart rate zones.
Only the AD7 has a heart rate monitor
- The AD7 features a heart rate monitor that is not available with the AD2.
Both air bikes differ when it comes to warranty
- The AD2 has a 5-year warranty for the frame, a year for parts and electronics, and 90 days for labor.
- The AD7 offers a 10-year warranty for the frame, two years for parts and electronics, and six months for labor.
The AD2 and AD7 are both from a well-known brand, one of the pioneers of air bikes. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable things you might want to consider:
- The AD2 occupies less space and is lighter than the AD7.
- The AD7’s seat has more flexible adjustment options compared to the AD2.
- Overall, the AD7 offers more features than the AD2.