Schwinn make some of the most popular exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Schwinn AD6 vs AD7 – which is the best for you?
Schwinn AD6 vs AD7 – Specifications
Schwinn AD6 vs AD7 – Similarities
Both the Schwinn AD6 and AD7 have a similar drive type
- Both the Schwinn AD6 and AD7 use a single-stage belt.
Neither of the two has adjustable handlebars
- Neither the AD6 nor the AD7 has adjustable handlebars.
Resistance levels for both air bikes are the same
- Both the AD6 and AD7 have infinite resistance levels.
The display monitors for both bikes are identical
- Both the AD6 and AD7 have high-definition LCD screens.
Both exercise bikes feature similar display readouts
- The AD6 and AD7 display time, distance, calories per minute, RPM, watts, heart rate, and scan all.
The AD6 and AD7 both feature water bottle holders
- The AD6 and AD7 both have built-in water bottle holders.
Neither of the two has a built-in tablet holder
- Both the AD6 and AD7 do not have a tablet holder.
Neither air bike is Bluetooth compatible
- Both the AD6 and AD7 do not have Bluetooth connectivity.
Neither of the two has a built-in speaker
- Neither the AD6 nor the AD7 features a built-in speaker.
The AD6 and AD7 both have transport wheels
- Both air bikes have transport wheels for easy storage and moving when needed.
Both the AD6 and AD7 have a heart rate monitor
- Both air bikes feature a heart rate monitor.
Schwinn AD6 vs AD7 – Differences
Both air bikes have different unit weights
- The AD6 has a weight of 112lbs, while the AD7 weighs 113lbs.
The AD6 and AD7 differ in their dimensions
- The AD6 is 49.7” long, 25.7” wide, and 50.9” tall, while the AD7 has a length of 53”, a width of 26.5”, and a height of 53”.
Seats for both the AD6 and AD7 have different adjustment options
- The seat for the AD6 can be adjusted in two ways—up and down, while the AD7 has a seat that can be adjusted in four ways—up, down, front, and back.
Both air bikes have different maximum weight capacities
- The AD6 has a maximum weight capacity of 300lbs, while the AD7 can cater to users up to 350lbs.
Only the AD7 has built-in workout programs
- The AD6 does not have any type of built-in workout programs, while the AD7 features a manual workout program that you can set with 20/10 interval, 30/90 interval, custom interval option, time target, calorie target, kJ target, kilometers target, and heart rate zones.
Both air bikes differ when it comes to warranty offered
- The AD6 has a 10-year warranty for the frame, two years for parts, a year for electronics, and six months for labor.
- The AD7 offers a 10-year warranty for the frame, two years for parts and electronics, and six months for labor.
The AD6 and AD7 are both from a reliable brand, one of the pioneers of air bikes. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable things you might want to consider:
- The AD7 takes up more space than the AD6. If you have a limited area for your exercise bike, you might want to opt for the AD6.
- The AD7 has a higher maximum user weight capacity than the AD6.
- The AD7’s four-way adjustable seat is more flexible than the AD6’s.
- Overall, the AD7 offers more features and has a slightly better warranty than the AD6.