Lanos and XTERRA make some of the most popular folding exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Lanos vs XTERRA Folding Exercise Bike – which is the best for you?
Lanos vs XTERRA Folding Exercise Bike – Specifications
|Lanos Folding Exercise Bike||XTERRA FB150 Folding Exercise Bike|
|Dimensions (Upright)||29" L x 20" W x 44" H||31.89 L" x 18.1 W" x 43.3" H|
|Dimensions (Recumbent)||32" L x 20" W x 41" H||N/A|
|Dimensions (Folded)||22'' L x 20'' W x 55.5'' H||18.1" L x 18.1" W x 50.79" H|
|Built-in workout programs||N/A||N/A|
|Adjustable Seat||Yes (Up/Down)||Yes (Up/Down)|
|Display (Type)||Single LCD||Single LCD|
|Heart rate monitor||Yes (Contact)||Yes (Contact)|
|Other Features||Upright or recumbent|
Full refund if dissatisfied
|1 year (frame)
90 days (parts)
Lanos vs XTERRA Folding Exercise Bike – Similarities
Both the Lanos and XTERRA folding bikes have the same drive type
- Both folding exercise bikes are belt driven.
Both the bikes have a similar resistance type
- Both the Lanos and XTERRA use magnetic resistance.
Neither of the two bikes has built-in workout programs
- Neither the Lanos nor the XTERRA offers built-in workout programs.
Both exercise bikes have a similar adjustment range for their seats
- The seats for both the Lanos and XTERRA can be adjusted in two ways—up and down.
Both the Lanos and XTERRA have the same display type
- Both bikes use single LCD screens.
Neither the Lanos nor the XTERRA is Bluetooth compatible
- Neither of the two has Bluetooth connectivity.
Neither of the two has built-in speakers
- There are no built-in speakers for both the Lanos and XTERRA.
Both the Lanos and XTERRA have transport wheels
- Both bikes have transport wheels for easy moving and storage.
Both bikes feature a heart rate monitor
- Both the Lanos and XTERRA have heart rate contacts placed on their hand grips.
Neither of the two bikes has a built-in cooling fan
- Neither the Lanos nor the XTERRA has a built-in cooling fan for ventilation during workouts.
Lanos vs XTERRA Folding Exercise Bike – Differences
The Lanos and XTERRA have different unit weights
- The Lanos weighs 47lbs, while the XTERRA is lighter at 32lbs.
The Lanos and XTERRA have different dimensions in an upright position
- The Lanos is 29” long, 20” wide, and 44” tall, while the XTERRA has a length of 31.89”, a width of 18.1”, and a height of 43.3”.
Only the Lanos offers a recumbent option
- Both machines can be used in the upright position, but only the Lanos can also serve as a recumbent exercise bike.
Both the Lanos and XTERRA have different folded dimensions
- The Lanos is 22” long, 20” wide, and 55.5” tall when folded, while the XTERRA is 18.1” long, 18.1” wide, and 50.79” tall.
Both bikes have a different number of resistance levels
- The Lanos has ten resistance levels, while the XTERRA offers eight.
Only the Lanos has adjustable handlebars
- The handlebars for the Lanos can be adjusted, while the XTERRA does not have this option.
Both bikes have different maximum weight capacities
- The Lanos can cater to users up to 330lbs, while the XTERRA has a maximum weight capacity of 225lbs.
Only the Lanos has a water bottle holder
- The Lanos features a built-in water bottle holder, while its rival lacks this feature.
A built-in tablet holder is available only for the Lanos
- The Lanos has a built-in tablet holder, while the XTERRA has none.
Both bikes offer different warranties.
- The Lanos has a one-year warranty and offers a full refund if the customer is dissatisfied, while the XTERRA offers a one-year warranty for the frame and ninety days for the parts.
The Lanos and XTERRA are both easy to use folding exercise bikes that both serve their purpose. Choosing between the two will depend on your preferences.
Here are some notable differences you might want to consider:
- The Lanos transforms into a recumbent bike.
- The Lanos offers more features such as more resistance levels, water bottle holder, and a tablet holder, all of which are not available for the XTERRA.
- The Lanos has a higher maximum weight capacity compared to XTERRA.