Schwinn and NordicTrack are two of the best-known makers of high-end consumer-grade & light commercial elliptical trainers. We have an in-depth look at 2 of their most popular models, the Schwinn 470 vs the NordicTrack c7.5 – which is the best for you?
To see how these two machines fare against the competition, check out our review of the best elliptical trainers here.
Schwinn 470 vs NordicTrack c7.5 – Specifications
Schwinn 470 vs NordicTrack c7.5 – Similarities
These are both Elliptical Trainers, using the Magnetic Resistance principle
- An elliptical trainer (also known as a cross-trainer) is a stationary exercise machine. It can be used to simulate stair climbing, walking, or running, and offers a lower-impact method of carrying out these exercises.
- An elliptical machine offers the user both a lower body and upper body workout.
- The resistance is adjusted using magnetism (see this article for a technical description).
Both offer power incline adjustment
- Both Elliptical Trainers allow the user to change the incline level directly from the console, even while on the machine, instead of adjusting it manually.
The Schwinn and NordicTrack both have a Bluetooth feature
- Smart devices can be connected to both the Schwinn 470 Elliptical and NordicTrack c7.5, which is beneficial for exercise applications that support workouts and can be used via Bluetooth.
Both can monitor the user’s heart rate
- The two machines can monitor the heart rate through the handle and grips.
There is a built-in Tablet/Book Holder with both machines
- Depending on your mood and need, both machines have a tablet/book holder, which helps with multi-tasking while exercising.
Both machines offer the same stride length
- The Schwinn and NordicTrack both offer 20” stride length.
Both have a fan
- The Schwinn 470 Elliptical and NordicTrack c7.5 offer a fan for proper ventilation through workouts.
Speakers and Water Bottle Holder are both present in the Schwinn 470 and NordicTrack c7.5
- Both Elliptical trainers include speakers, in case you would like to spice up your workout through music. Aside from that, both the Schwinn 470 and NordicTrack c7.5 incorporate water bottle holders.
Both machines offer the same warranty for parts
- The Schwinn and NordicTrack both have a 2-year parts warranty.
Schwinn 470 vs NordicTrack c7.5 – Differences
The 470 has 25 resistance levels, while the NordicTrack has 22 resistance levels
- The resistance levels in the NordicTrack c7.5 are slightly fewer than the Schwinn 470 Elliptical, offering 25 levels. However, both still offer a wide range of resistance level settings.
Both differ when it comes to the incline range
- The NordicTrack c7.5 has a more comprehensive incline range of 0-20 degrees, while the Schwinn 470 has 0-10 degrees.
The two ellipticals have different user weight capacities
- The Schwinn 470 Elliptical allows a maximum of 300 lbs, while the NordicTrack c7.5 offers a slightly higher maximum weight of 325 lbs.
The two differ when it comes to display features
- The Schwinn 470 has a backlit LCD console, while the NordicTrack c7.5 has a 5” backlit display that shows user’s workout stats and progress, which is more advanced than the LCD console.
Only the Schwinn 470 has a USB charging port feature
- Charging a smartphone or tablet while exercising on the elliptical is easier, as the Schwinn 470 offers a USB charging port for convenience while the NordicTrack c7.5 does not have this feature.
The Schwinn 470 has more workout programs than NordicTrack c7.5
- The Schwinn 470 Elliptical has 29 built-in workout programs while the NordicTrack c7.5 has 26 integrated workouts.
The Schwinn and NordicTrack have different user profile features
- The Schwinn 470 Elliptical has four user profiles, perfect for multi-users of the machine while the NordicTrack c7.5 has one user profile but can have four via the iFit subscription.
Both offer different warranties for frame and labor
- The Schwinn 470 offers a 10-year warranty for the frame and 90 days for labor, while the NordicTrack c7.5 offers a lifetime frame warranty, and one year for labor.
There are many similarities and differences when it comes to the Schwinn 470 and NordicTrack c7.5. The two elliptical trainers may offer a few features that the other might not have. When it comes to functionality, both are useful and efficient in helping to deliver your fitness goals.