Marcy and CAP Barbell make two of the most popular flat weight benches. We have an in-depth look at their most popular models – which is the best for you?
- Both flat weight benches have different unit weights
- Both have different dimensions
- Both the Marcy and CAP Barbell have a different maximum weight recommendation
- Both flat weight benches have a slightly different foam pad thickness
- Both offer different design and features
- Both flat weight benches have a different warranty
- Related Articles
Both flat weight benches are recommended for the same use
- Both the Marcy and CAP Barbell flat weight benches can be used for different fitness workouts such as strength training, free weights, abs workout, full-body workout, dumbbell presses, chest presses, and squat rack or weights.
Neither flat weight bench is foldable
- Neither the Marcy nor the CAP Barbell flat weight bench has a foldable option—both are as-is after assembly.
Both flat weight benches have different unit weights
- The Marcy is slightly heavier at 20lbs, while the CAP Barbell is at 18lbs.
Both have different dimensions
- The Marcy flat utility weight bench has a length of 43 inches, a width of 14 inches, and a height of 17 inches.
- The CAP Barbell flat weight bench is 46.5 inches long, 18 inches wide, and 19 inches tall.
Both the Marcy and CAP Barbell have a different maximum weight recommendation
- The Marcy has a maximum weight of 600lbs, while the CAP Barbell is limited to 500lbs. Both maximum weight recommendation includes the user’s body weight and weights.
Both flat weight benches have a slightly different foam pad thickness
- The Marcy has a 2.5-inch foam pad thickness, while the CAP Barbell is at 2 inches.
Both offer different design and features
- The Marcy features a high-density foam padding with double-stitched vinyl covers. It is designed with a large diameter steel tubing frame with a powder-coated finish. This utility flat weight bench is compact & easy to assemble.
- The CAP Barbell features a thick foam with boxed upholstered construction. It also has steel tubing with a powder-coated finish. This flat weight bench is compact & easy to assemble.
Both flat weight benches have a different warranty
- The Marcy offers a 2-year warranty, while CAP Barbell provides a 1-year warranty.
Both the Marcy and CAP Barbell flat weight benches help with the different types of an individual’s chosen workout. However, choosing between the two depends on your preference.
There are only slight differences both flat weight benches have and here are some that you might want to consider:
- The CAP Barbell bench has a lighter unit weight at 18lbs, making it easier to move around when needed.
- The Marcy flat utility weight bench has a higher maximum weight capacity of 600lbs than the 500lbs of CAP Barbell. It is important to note that bodyweight and weights to be used while on the bench are included in the maximum weight capacity recommendation.
- The Marcy bench uses a thicker foam pad.