MiR and RUNmax make two of the most popular weight vests. We have an in-depth look at 2 of their most popular models, the MiR vs RUNmax Pro Weighted Vest – which is the best for you?
RUNmax Pro vs MiR – Specifications
RUNmax Pro vs MiR – Similarities
Both the MiR Air Flow Weighted Vest and RUNmax Pro Weighted Vest use the same weight material
- Both vests use iron as weight material.
Both weighted vests are the same color
- Both vests are black.
The two vests have removable weights option
- Both the MiR Air Flow and RUNmax Pro weighted vests have the option to remove and add weights.
Both weighted vests are the same size
- Both the MiR Air Flow and RUNmax Pro weighted vests are ‘one size fits most’ and can be adjusted.
Both vests have weights included
- The MiR Air Flow & RUNmax Pro vests both include weights. The weights included depends on the option chosen at the time of purchase.
The maximum weight for both vests is identical
- Both the MiR Air Flow and RUNmax Pro weighted vests have a maximum weight of 60lbs.
Both vests have padded shoulders
- Both have padded shoulders for ease and comfort during use.
The MiR Air Flow and RUNmax Pro weighted vests offer the same warranty.
- Both vests offer a lifetime warranty.
RUNmax Pro vs MiR – Differences
Both vests have slightly different weight ranges
- The MiR Air Flow has a weight range of 20lbs to 60lbs, while the RUNmax Pro vest is adjustable from 12lbs to 60lbs.
The vests are made of different materials
- The MiR Air Flow is made of 1200D Reinforced Nylon construction, while the RUNmax Pro vest is made of Neoprene.
Both vests have slightly different weight increments
- The MiR Air Flow has 3lbs removable weights, while the RUNmax Pro has approximately 2.5lbs removable weights.
Both vests have different features
- The MiR Air Flow weighted vest has double padding and lining throughout with one hook and loop fastening. Aside from that, it has two design options—a standard design and another one that includes a zipper.
- The RUNmax Pro weighted vest has a phone pocket, a water bottle holder suitable for 16oz bottles or smaller, and additional shoulder pads option.
Both the MiR Air Flow and RUNmax Pro weighted vests offer adjustable weight, added resistance during training, durability, and comfort. However, it will depend mostly on the workout chosen of an individual and how heavy a weighted vest is wanted.
A notable difference for some may be the following:
- The MiR Air Flow weighted vest is made of reinforced nylon, compared to the Neoprene used in the RUNmax Pro vest.
- The MiR Air Flow has two design options to choose between – the standard design and one with a zipper.