Schwinn make some of the most popular exercise bikes. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Schwinn IC2 vs IC4 – which is the best for you?
Schwinn IC2 vs IC4 – Specifications
Schwinn IC2 vs IC4 – Similarities
The seats in both Schwinn IC2 and Schwinn IC4 can be adjusted in four ways
- Both seats for the exercise bikes have an up, down, front, and back adjustment options for a more flexible experience.
Both exercise bikes feature similar display monitors
- Both the Schwinn IC2 and Schwinn IC4 have an LCD screen.
Schwinn IC2 vs IC4 – Differences
Both exercise bikes have a different unit weight
- The Schwinn IC2 is lighter with a weight of 83lbs, while the Schwinn IC4 weighs 106lbs.
The Schwinn IC2 and Schwinn IC4 have different dimensions
- Both the Schwinn IC2 has a length of 55.8”, a width of 22”, and a height of 61”, while the Schwinn IC4 is 48.7” long, 21.2” wide, and 51.8” tall.
Both exercise bikes have a different flywheel weight
- The Schwinn IC2 has a flywheel with a weight of 31lbs, while the Schwinn IC4’s flywheel weighs 40lbs.
Both exercise bikes have different handlebar adjustment options
- Both the Schwinn IC2 adjusted in two ways—up and down, while the Schwinn IC4 has a 4-way adjustment option of up, down, front, and back.
Both exercise bikes offer a different maximum weight capacity
- The Schwinn IC2 has a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs, while the Schwinn IC4 can cater to users up to 330lbs.
Both differ when it comes to resistance levels
- The Schwinn IC2 has an infinite amount of resistance level, while the Schwinn IC4 offers up to 100 resistance levels.
Both offer different features
- The Schwinn IC2 is designed with oversized steel tubing, long-life wool felt, resistance pad, and rear stabilizers or frame levelers. It features a water bottle holder, MP3 holder, an integrated fan, and transport wheels for easy storage.
- The Schwinn IC4 is designed with multi-grip handlebars, dual-link SPD foot pedals, and toe clips. It features Bluetooth connectivity, a tablet holder, dual water bottle holders, and a pair of 3lbs dumbbells.
Both the Schwinn IC2 and Schwinn IC4 have slightly different warranties
- The Schwinn IC2 offers a 5-year warranty for the frame, one year for parts and electronics, and 90 days for wear.
- The Schwinn IC4 has a 10-year warranty for the frame, three years for mechanical and electrical parts, and a year for labor.
The Schwinn IC2 and Schwinn IC4 are both reliable exercise bikes. However, choosing the right exercise bike for you may be tricky, and at the end of the day, the choice will come down to your preferences.
Here are a few notable things you might want to consider:
- The Schwinn IC2 is lighter compared to the IC4, which makes it easier to move around when needed.
- The Schwinn IC4 has a higher maximum weight capacity.
- Though the handlebars and seat adjustments for the Schwinn IC2 are pretty standard, the Schwinn IC4 exceeds our expectations by having 4-way handlebar adjustment.
- The Schwinn IC4 has a better warranty than the Schwinn IC2.