Bowflex and Finer Form are two of the best-known makers of Adjustable Weight Benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Bowflex 3.1 vs the Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench – which is the best for you?
Bowflex 3.1 vs Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench – Specifications
Bowflex 3.1 vs Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench – Similarities
Neither bench is foldable
- Both benches would need to be disassembled for compact storage, rather than folding down to a smaller size.
Both adjustable weight benches are capable of being used in incline, decline and flat positions
- The Bowflex bench also has a 90 degree seat adjustment range, while the Finer Form offers 4 foot adjustments and 8 thigh support cushions.
Bowflex 3.1 vs Finer Form Adjustable Weight Bench – Differences
The Finer Form Bench weighs much less than the Bowflex 3.1
- The Bowflex bench weighs 59lbs, while the Finer Form bench is significantly lighter at 17.6lbs.
Both adjustable weight benches have different dimensions
- The Bowflex bench has a length of 56 inches, a width of 26 inches, and a height of 20 inches.
- The Finer Form adjustable weight bench has a length of 42.5 inches, a width of 14 inches, and a height of 11.8 inches.
Both adjustable weight benches have different maximum weight capacities
- The Bowflex has a maximum weight capacity of 480lbs, while Finer Form quote a maximum of 660lbs of static load, and 400lbs dynamic. Given that you will most likely be moving while using your bench, as opposed to static, the Bowflex has the higher rated weight capacity.
- Both weight capacities include the user’s body weight and weights.
Both adjustable weight benches have different maximum user height recommendation
- The Bowflex bench can be used by people with a maximum height of 6’2”, while the Finer Form model can only accommodate users up to 6’.
Both adjustable weight benches have different foam pad thickness
- The Bowflex 3.1 has 2″ foam pads, while the Finer Form has thinner, 1.8” pads.
Both offer different design and features
- The Bowflex 3.1 uses heavy-duty quality steel. It offers a removable leg hold-down brace & quality stitched padded upholstery.
- The Finer Form bench is built from high-grade powder-coated steel. It has a triangular frame for stability.
Both adjustable weight benches have different warranties
- Bowflex offers a 15-year warranty for the frame and 1 year on the upholstery, while the Finer Form bench only has a 1-year warranty.
The Bowflex 3.1 and Finer Form have a fair share of similarities and differences. It might be challenging to choose between the two, so here are some notable facts that might help:
- The Finer Form is significantly lighter than the Bowflex.
- The Bowflex 3.1 offers more adjustable positions than the Finer Form bench.
- The Bowflex bench has a higher effective weight limit than the Finer Form.
- Though the Finer Form has a decent warranty, Bowflex’s warranty is significantly better – this alone may justify the extra expense.