Bowflex and Pasyou are two of the best-known makers of Adjustable Weight Benches. We have an in-depth look at two of their most popular models, the Bowflex 5.1 vs the Pasyou Adjustable Weight Bench – which is the best for you?
Bowflex 5.1 vs Pasyou – Specifications
Bowflex vs Pasyou – Who Are They?
Bowflex manufactures fitness equipment, including treadmills, dumbbells, exercise trackers and more. The company was first founded by an Ethiopian man who arrived to America with $500 in his pocket. He created the Bowflex machine which has since sold over $3 billion worth of products. The company has grown into one of the largest fitness brands in America , and continues to sell several fitness machines, from treadmills to dumbbells to exercise trackers.
Pasyou is one of the smaller brands which have sprung up more recently. Make of this what you will, but if you’re looking for a bench from an established brand, Bowflex has a much longer track record.
Bowflex 5.1 vs Pasyou – Differences
Both Weight Benches have different unit weights
- The Bowflex bench is heavier at 63lbs, while the Pasyou bench weighs 23lbs.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different dimensions
- The Bowflex bench has a length of 56 inches, a width of 26 inches, and a height of 20 inches.
- The Pasyou bench is 55 inches long, 15.75 inches wide, and 20 inches high.
Both benches have different maximum weight capacities
- The Pasyou Adjustable Weight Bench has a higher maximum weight limit of 500lbs, while the Bowflex 5.1 Adjustable Weight Bench is lower at 480lbs.
- Both maximum weight recommendations include the user’s body weight and the weights used to exercise.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different maximum user heights
- The Bowflex 5.1 has a larger maximum user height of up to 6’2″, while the Pasyou caters for users up to 6′.
Both Adjustable Weight Benches have different foam pad thickness
- The Pasyou has a 2.35″ thick foam pad, while the Bowflex 5.1’s is a thinner 2″.
The Weight Benches both have different incline/decline positions
- The Pasyou Adjustable Weight Bench is capable of 7 workout positions.
- The Bowflex 5.1 Adjustable Weight Bench has 6 positions, 17-degree decline to 90-degree incline.
The Adjustable Weight Benches both have different design and features
- The Pasyou Adjustable Weight Bench has heavy-duty steel construction, high-density foam padding, and anti-slip ankle rollers.
- The Bowflex 5.1 Adjustable Weight Bench has heavy-duty quality steel, removable leg hold-down brace, and quality stitched padded upholstery.
Only the Bowflex 5.1 Adjustable Weight Bench is foldable for easy storage
- The Bowflex 5.1 is not foldable, but has transport wheels.
- The Pasyou is foldable, with folded dimensions of 34.5″ L x 15.75″ W x 10″ H.
- Both benches have wheels for easy moving and storage.
The Bowflex 5.1 and Pasyou bench have a fair share of similarities and differences. It might be challenging to choose between the two, so here are some notable facts that might help:
- The Bowflex bench is significantly heavier & feels more sturdy than the Pasyou bench, though the maximum weight capacity isn’t much different.
- There are more workout positions offered by the Pasyou bench (7 vs 6), potentially making your workouts more challenging compared to what Bowflex bench offers.
- The Bowflex bench has a much better warranty.
- Though this might not be a huge concern, only the Pasyou bench is foldable.